Individual transition effect Zoom In

Q&A about the latest versions
JSchrader

The transition effect "Zoom In" is a nice to have when using hotspots inside a panorama to "walk" to he next node.
As it seems the effect can only be activated globally for the entire tour.

Which is odd, because when I use a menu or a map marker to "jump" to a different place that Zoom In is not very welcome as it is rather disruptive.
The reason is that when using hotspots, they are usually placed in a "walking direction" and the zoom is to where one would walk. But with a menu or a map marker the zoom goes straight to the centre of the current view, which looks very strange unless you are on a tour visiting Hogwarts.

So what we need is either the option to deactivate the effect in cases where it is not desired or an option to assign different transitions for different types of navigation.

You have one week :-)
Hopki
Gnome

hahaha,
I think well need more than a week but to let you know I have spoke with the developers and added a feature request.
I looked at way of doing a quick "hack" to get you going, the problem is once you set a transition there is no way to stop it from working with any node change.
Looking at a new action to control this.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JSchrader

Of course I was kidding.
Tell Thomas he is allowed to start a bit later on Sundays :-)
christoph
Gnome

Hi Jürgen!
In case you missed it - we have added this in V5.3 beta 3 -> see the blog post.

SG,
Christoph
TPoehler

I just stumbled over this information since I'm experimenting with transitions (zooming in) in combination with the 3D arrow nodes.

First question: if I change the mouseClick action in the skin, the transformation will apply to all tour nodes. So how can I enable/disable or change the transition for specific transitions ((let's say for the transition from node4 to node5)?.

Second question: even worse when using the 3D node arrows the zoom effect has to be different depending on the orientation. E.g. let's assume that I am at node2 and there's a node in front of me (let's say node3) and one behind me (let's call it node1). By using the 3D arrows I will see both arrows and can click on those to go to the next node. So when I click on node 3 I should zoom in and when I click on node1 (in my back) I should zoom out. But when I turn 180 degrees it's the other way round.

Can anybody loosen the knot in my brain? Maybe teh solution is completely simple and obvious and I just can see it.

Cheers, Thomas
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas,
You can use node markers that can change the transition for a given node.

Once a node has been selected in the node marker, use the actions:

1.png
1.png (41.32 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
2.png
2.png (42.07 KiB) Viewed 2447 times

However, I have one question, if you have a hotspot in front of you to zoom in and one behind you, how you going to click it?
If you now turn around to the hotspot it is now in front.
Just asking.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TPoehler

Hi Hopki,

thanks for your tipp. I don't think that it is a solution for my question, since the different behaviour is dependant on the orientation. Like you said, when I turn around the standaerd behaviour is fine. So in this case the proposed solution wouldn't be right then.
When you use the 3D arrows for navigation an navigation element that point behind you is visible very soon after you rotate just a little to one side. And when you use thumbnails for navigation it's also strange, that you zoom in to the front and end up in direction 180° opposite to the one you were zooming in.
But I guess this too complex to get it right under all circumstances. Maybe I can turn off the zoom efffect when using the thumbnails and live with the strange behaviour when using the 3D arrows for navigation.

BR