timer activated on 2nd pano loading

Q&A about the latest versions
Virtualgeoffrey

Hi all,

I would like to trigger a timer to start when the user loads a 2nd or 3rd pano.
Thus, having a hotspot image appear "x" seconds after that 2nd pano is loaded.

Currently, I have searched the forum and tried a number of different solution that Hopki has suggested but none seem to be working for this option.

One thought was to use a node-marker via a "tag" (for pano2) and set the value of the timer by that node-marker once loaded (as can be done with the visibility of skin items).

This is what I tried
Node-marker actions in the skin set to:
Activate --- set value ---10 --- "the-timer"

The timer has an original setting of: timeout: 30 ---type: loaded --- repeat: onetime

Since the original timer setting had a value of 30 sec, I can get it to change to 10 sec via that action. But the change occurs from the time the initial first pano loads and not when the 2nd pano loads -ie. when the node-marker is called. Therefore when the user gets to the pano2 the hotspot image is already visible.

I have also tried a number of solutions in wrapping the timer in the hotspot and the hotspot in the timer setting the visibility via activate/deactivate as well as setting a logic block variable to true etc but haven't had any success with those either.

I guess I would love to find out a way to have a hotspot image become visible a certain amount of time after the pano2 loads and if the timer is the only way then is it possible to trigger the timer to start when a 2nd pano is called or loaded - and if so, what might be the best way to do that.

Thanks so much,
Geoffrey
ALahode

Hi Geoffrey.

You can use the variable like this:
viewtopic.php?t=10130

I tried this with a simple ggsk, that works.
The variable starts with 0.
The Hotspot sets the variable to 100, the popup-window appears with 105.
When you close the popup-window, the variable is set to 0 again.

Regards.
André
Attachments
Untitled.ggsk
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Virtualgeoffrey

Thank you ALahode!

I had actually read Hopki's solution a bit ago, but went down a different path as I was trying to get it to work in HUD/Cardboard.
With your suggestion I was able to look at it again with a fresh set of eyes and get it to work.

The only issue was in duel/HUD/Cardboard mode, it looks like only one side (I believe the left side) gets triggered. So using Mouse clicks doesn't work in that mode. However, by simply using a node-marker, the variable can be set and can be triggered from there, and it works just fine.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a solution!
Best,
Geoffrey