Image thumnail and image information

Q&A about the latest versions
Dkumar

Hello guys ,

Lets say im point hotspotting a camera gear box ......my target is this

1. When i hover on the hotspot (mouse enter / leave ) i want an image to be visible as thumbail (jus like we do for navigation hotspots )
( i know this is easy part but ....there is more )

2. When i click on the point hotspot ...i want another image to be enlarged and visible on screen tint

basically what im trying to do is .....thumbnail is jus the image of the gear and full screen image is suppose to be much better image of the gear with good description of the gear ( much better details ) ( i wanna add some text using photoshop and make much detailed information about the stuff of the box and can be readable when clicked and enlarged )

By the way im seeing it i only see we can upload only one image for the point hotspot to popup but my requirement over here is two

Any help guys

Regards
Dharani kumar
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dharani,
Yes you can do this, you would use the ht_image component then you would modify the hotspot template and add an external image loader.
Using the description text box you can enter the file name for the preview the hotspot would show on hover.
Please see attached project.

How it works:
The external loader has visibility deselected and a logic block to set visibility true when mouse over parent.
The thumbnail is added to the skin and hidden. This will put it in the images folder, the image type is set to jpg.
Heres the cool bit, whatever you name the image in the skin editor, in this case preview_01, then when its added to the images folder it will have the file name, preview_01.jpg.

Knowing that the preview is in the images folder you enter: images/preview.jpg in the description text field in the hotspot viewer mode.
Now you add the actions to the hotspot template to set value $hd to the external loader, you also need to add a mouse leave, set value, blank to unload the preview image.
The rest you should be able to work out.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
image_preview.zip
(395.86 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/