V5 -- License won't stick, app crashes on open

Q&A about the latest versions
NWhittey

Just purchased Pano2VR Pro. Downloaded and tried demo first. Then bought Pro version plus downloaded beta (have each installed in Apps). I have entered the registration key numerous times, but it simply will not stick for very long. It holds it for a while, but if I quit the app, wait for an hour or so, then try to reopen, it again asks for the key or if I want to run as a demo.

It also doesn't seem to remember the pref for not showing the splash box. Sometimes it opens ok, other times it shows the splash box.

It also often doesn't show the correct recent items in the Open Recents leaving out projects recently worked on.

Along with this odd and frustrating behavior, if I add the registration key (or even previously if I selected a demo mode), the app immediately crashes. Doesn't do it every time, but quite often. Happens on both the beta and the released v5.

I did try deleting the plist (pref), but that didn't resolve the issue. Hopefully someone has an idea on how to fix this, unless it's a bug in the versions.

Mac OS 10.12.2
NWhittey

Contacted Support. Advised to enter license code in the preferences, not the splash box, plus turn off the Check for Updates pref. So far this seems to have cured the problem. Hasn't crashed or lost the license all day.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi NWhittey,
Hows this getting on, any crashes or dropping the license key since you entered it in preferences and turned off check for updates?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
NWhittey

Did all shoots this week, so didn't get a chance to use much. Stitching and Pano2VR next week.

However, in the few times I tried (including right now), all is well, so it seems to be cured using your instructions. Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
NWhittey

I thought it was cured, but it came back today. I wasn’t using the app much this last week, so had simply tried opening and closing it a few times, with a few hours or days between opening. It worked fine.

Now today I am starting a new pano project, had one pano in the project, did an output or two, then quit to go on to other work. I just now attempted to open 5.1 beta and there it was — the splash with request for key or demo. I have once again 1) selected Demo the Pro v, gone to prefs and added the license, deselected the Check for Updates and splash. But for whatever reason, the bug is still there.
NWhittey

Extra info -- just took time to look and the Prefs/plist file was newly created today when I opened the app. The old one had been there and now it's been replaced.

In examining Time Machine backups, I see that the key was in the plist file up until last evening at about 6 PM. Then this morning's backup shows the key and other info was gone from the plist file. Rather strange how the plist file seems to have been replaced with a blank/new one.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi NWhittey,
I have added the link to this post to the reported bug.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
NWhittey

Looks like beta 2 has fixed this mostly, although still needed to enter the license key in the prefs, not the splash window. Seems to be keeping it this time.