Synchronise orientation

Q&A about the latest versions
KingB

Hi
I have identicals pano with different objects inside (people, in fact), i would like to allow the user to switch from a pano to the other one keeping its point of view ( the people would seem to appear in the room ) . I think there is no way to create sort of pano layers (?) . But is there a way to get the orientation from a pano to send it to the other one ? Hope I'm clear enougth. Thanks for your help.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi KingB,
You can do this using set north and the use the forward target.
So in both panos find the same spot and set this as north.
Then you can use a button to open next panorama, target forward.
Please see attached project.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
fwd.zip
(31.27 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KingB

Thanks a lot ! I try this.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi KingB,
The method I gave will work if the two panos are taken from the same location and direct as well as same location and different direction as your using the north setting to aline the panos.
If both panos are the same location and direction then you only need to add the target "Current View", which is the same as using the placeholder $cur.
This then opens the next pano using the same pan, tilt and field of view and the previous pano.
Of course this will only work is both panos and taken from the same place and direction.
If not use my first method.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KingB

Hi, that is the case, the 2 panos are issued from the same shot, on the second one, we added people ( in a 3D software)...and with your instructions it works great ! Thanks again.