Beta 5.1 crash

Q&A about the latest versions
Jeffreycb

Hi
I'm doing a 44 node tour and have accidently clicked auto link all nodes.
I'm working through the tour and deleting the nodes / links that aren't needed in each of the panos and am finding pano2vr pro beta crashes randomly (between 10 minutes to 30 minutes) for no apparent reason.
The last few occasions I was deleting the node tags from the panorama when it just shut down.
Is there a maximum number of panorama that can be used, a memory limit or am I just freaking the software out with what I accidently asked it to do?
I'm saving the tour after every node has been rectified and will see what happens when I finished.
Mac OS and each pano is 400 megs
Thanks for your help
regards
Jeffrey
Jeffreycb

Ok - I went through and reduced all the nodes numbers across the tour and all seems fine - no crashes.
When I create the package though, the computer processes all the images and in the final stages when the status bar is reading 100% - the program just shuts down - I'll keep exploring.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jeffrey,
in beta 2 this should be addressed, also there is a remove all links that will be found under automatic linking.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Jeffreycb

Hi Hopki
Thanks for the response.
I went back and watched the video tutorial on tour creation, and noticed the remove all linking tool in the video - but it isn't showing under the linking tool options in the current beta version - I assume it is in the next version 2.

The tour i was working with was started back in July 2016 and I was adding to it through the current beta version. I was getting some really strange things happening (node id and tag mismatching in the original tour and in the Skin map/ node linkages; and automatic node two way insertion was causing the hot spots to radically jump around randomly away from the actual nodes position located on the map) so I have ditched the whole tour it and started a fresh tour from scratch.
I've also converted all the tiff to jpg @ max resolution.

Seems to be working so far. And it was a great way to see how quickly a tour can be built with all the tips and tricks.
I just have to finish the skin map tonight and then I'll test.
It's a great program and is getting better and better with every release - :D
thanks
Jeffreycb

Hi Hopki
Ok - the last attempt failed with a 44 node tour using jpg files.
I opened the original protect file tour that had 22 nodes and it successfully exported the package.
I then added two additional new nodes and it too also successfully exported the package.
Adding the additional 20 new nodes (total 44 in all) resulted it the software crashing at 100% export - same as before.

Is this a software version issue problem? or is it to do with the panorama files i'm using being too large or other?

Any idea when the next beta version will be released?

Or should I be using 5.0.3, 2016-10-13 11:00 rather than the Beta?

regards
Jeffrey
Jeffreycb

Update
Rebuilt from scratch in 5.0.3 - project exports under normal create and works through the desktop viewer - still crashes during GGPKG creation.
Running same project through the current beta 5.1 crashes under both normal and package creation.
At least i'm able to send the client a desk top version in the interim.
The web version is on hold until a ggpkg fix is provided.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I know this may be a big ask but can you send the complete project to support@ggnome.com.
No matter what I do I can not reproduce.
Also when you send in please give details of which OS and what Mac you have as well.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Jeffreycb

Hi Hopki -
I'll send through two links to the working folder + project.
1. The original project has the full sized jpg panoramas (19648 x 9824 pix) + project. This is able to create the ouptut folder but not the ggpkt file under 5.0.3 - under beta 5.1 it crashes under both export functions.
2. I resized the original panoramas down to (6000 x 3000 pix) and the export works for both out put and the ggpkt - which is great, but the resolution we need is lost. We are working with another remote office in the country and need to pick up the fine details for out documentation/ recording - ie to be able to read the signage, etc - which we can do in the full sized version.

I guess there is an appropriate resolution but am yet to experiment to find out what the optimum pano size is + optimum jpg compression should be - 90% seems to be ok.
i'm guessing its a memory related issue and I'm just freaking out the system by it's shear size.

My set up is macbook pro late 2013 retina 15 inch - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 - with dual graphics cards (Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB) - 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - and 1 terra flash drive - running OS 10.12.3. The drive is 500 gig free.

It'll take a little while to upload the zip files and will email through the links.

Let me know if there is anything else you might need or if you have any suggestions of images size, etc.

In the mean time I'll keep playing around with the pano sizes/ jpg compression to see if it's my system and what a work around might be.

Regards
Jeffrey