Color overlay

Q&A about the latest versions
HaraldJ

Maybe it's a simple thing, maybe it can't be done, I'm sure there will be great answer from a member:

I'm working on a virtual tour for a canal restoration project, showing the landscape as it is now, with the canal gone decades ago.
What I would love to do is to show the original route of the canal, and/or the proposed route of the restored canal.

Of course I can use polygon hotspots and show them permanently, or allow them to be switched on or off, I have done that for another canal restoration project. But then using polygon hotspots to explain this and that would use the same colour, and behave in the same way.

Is there any ingenious way to use polygon hotpots for explaining text, and something similar to show the path of the canal?

Thanks!

Harald
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, United Kingdom
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Harald,
I cant remember if its already in beta 1, but if not it will be in beta 2.
But you will be able to change the colour of poly hotspots or change the colours with a button click.
If this will help.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HaraldJ

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for the quick response. You say in one of the new 5.1 beta releases I will be able to change the colour of polygon hotspots - great!

But I'm wondering if polygon hotspots are the only possible way to mark something (in my case the path of the canal), or if there is any other trick I could use, as I would like to keep polygon hotspots to popup tooltip text information, as usual? Or is it either text tooltips or coloured polygons?

Thanks, and best regards

Harald
Harald Joergens
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Harald,
If the Poly does not have a title text then you wont get any tool tip popups.
So that said you could use a poly hotspot with a colour for the overlays and then for ploys with tool tips just use a different colour.
The changes that will happen id for this very reason.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
HaraldJ

Hi Hopki,

Is this a 5.1 Beta "feature", or do I get it wrong?

I define, in Hotspots / Polygon Hotspots, the background and border colour I would like to have as a default.

Then, I add a poly hotspot, and the hotspot properties have "Use default" checked in the color section at the bottom, and both background and border colour are - black, an not the default I previously set!

Is this intended behaviour, and is there a way to change it?

Thanks, and best regards

Harald
Harald Joergens
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Harald,
How it works is in the HTML5 output you have a Hotpot tab.
Here you select to show system tool tips or not and this is where you set the default colour.
Example if you select green for both fill and border, then all ploys set will be green if default is selected in the poly hotspot viewer mode.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com