Increase Gyro Speed

Q&A about the latest versions
KRiesenbeck

Hello,

I am loving the ability to have the split screen/ Google Cardboard experience, but I feel like there is quite a bit of lag. Is there a way to increase the speed of access to the gyro for a more 'one to one' experience?

Thanks for any input provided.
360Texas

I was looking at a friends stereo panorama this afternoon and noticed small but noticable lag in gyro rotation. We are using Samsung s7 curve smart phone.

There might be, but not sure because a lot of the gyro rotation depends on your smartphones ability to process the gyro's rotation commands. I think the smartphone cpu is processing the graphics. To me, means slow cpu would display a slow gyro rotation. Your smartphone's internal ram might also be slow. So its not always the 3rd party gyro code.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi KRiesenbeck,
The cardboard.ggt has a setting for smooth interpolation.
This is selected by default but if deselected will make the gyro action more responsive but the effect my be it has more jerky movements.
1.jpg
1.jpg (35.93 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
To get to the settings under the HTML5 output select the HTML tab and click the edit template button.
Try it with and without to see if this helps.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KRiesenbeck

This setting actually DID provide a level of improvement that satisfied all parties involved.

Thanks for the direction.