Cardboard Interaction

Q&A about the latest versions
chileung69

Hi,

I am working on cardboard project and some hotspots for user interaction. Can I set user eye focus on hotspot in some seconds (e.g 2 sec) then trigger the hotspot?
Thank you so much.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi chileung69,
This happens already with the cardboard template and skin.
Not the cardboard output is only for navigation for the moment, no popups etc.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
chileung69

Hi Hopki,

Can I trigger the hotspot to next tour node by my select cusor in cardboard mode?
Thank you.

Regards,
Chileung
chileung69

Hi Hopki,

I saw you mention hotspot template can active when focus in center.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11400&p=47353&hilit ... ard#p47353

May I know how can do it?

Thank you.

Regards,
Chileung
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chileung,
If you look at the cardboard skin you will see a hotspot template with hotspot image.
The template has the action with the source mouse click.

The cardboard ggt (template) has the the required code that when the hotspot template is in the centre of the screen for a few seconds the mouse click action will be activated.

Note, the key word is when the hotspot template is in the centre of the screen, not the hotspot image.
So when making a point hotspot for cardboard make sure the part of the hotspot image people will look at is in the centre of the hotspot template.
Example I have seen hotspot images as arrows, the arrow point was in the centre of the hotspot template. This did not work very well as people was looking at the centre of the arrow image, so the hotspot template was to one side.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
chileung69

Hi Hopki,

If I want to have a interaction in hotspot in the upper case, how can I do it? Put one hotspot in one hostpot?
For example, I have button in a hotspot in cardboard mode. I use hotsport instead of button, but no response when user move the button in center.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Chileung
Hopki
Gnome

HI Chileung,
Im not sure what you are wanting to do but the cardboard template is only for navigation, it can not open popups etc as it will only show one side.
This will be looked at later this year to give the cardboard output more features.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
chileung69

Hi Hopki,

Thank you your reply. I have a additional question. If I want to do a animation feedback before trigger hotspot URL when user focus on the hotspot in cardboard mode. How can I do that?
For example, The hotspot will fade in and fade out when user focus on the hotspot. After few seconds, hotspot trigger go to the URL.

Thank you so much again.

Chileung
Hopki
Gnome

HI Chileung,
Knowing only a mouse click action works with stare, the answer is you can not.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com