WebVR

Q&A about the latest versions
bkiter

Hello,

By when WebVR will be enable? Wordpress just released that function but it only works for single 360 panos/videos, no hotspot function.

Thanks
thomas
Chief Gnome

WebVR is at the moment a moving target, as the API is not stable and changes constantly. There is no even a stable or even beta browser available, that supports it in a usable way.
Google and Firefox currently target summer next year for a consumer version and we hope to have a solution by then as well.
MfG, Thomas
bkiter

Thank you Thomas for your reply but I have seen and tested samples on Chromium and FF Nightly for a while. The other softwares for pano builders allow WebVR.

Is there any other way that Pano2vr works on the Vive or Oculus? I mean to have the function Gaze and navigate between panos.

thanks
thomas
Chief Gnome

bkiter wrote:Thank you Thomas for your reply but I have seen and tested samples on Chromium and FF Nightly for a while. The other softwares for pano builders allow WebVR.
Is there any other way that Pano2vr works on the Vive or Oculus? I mean to have the function Gaze and navigate between panos.
You can try to modify the cardboard output and change the gyro.js to react to WebVR instead of the gyros.
I really wanted to play with WebVR, and I would call myself computer literate, but event the regular WebVR demos crashed on me all the time on Firefox, and Chrome didn't even work.
I don't think this is ready for regular users as we would spent the whole day just troubleshooting user setups. This is just not a good experience yet.

I am following WebVR very closely, but our goal is to deliver something that "just works". WebVR is imho very far away from something that can be used like a regular web page. Lets see what 2017 brings to us.
MfG, Thomas
Howard

I've created multi-nodes tours that work well using WebVR (Firefox Nightly). However... a tour may work one day, and then be broken with the next day's iteration of the browser software. As Hopki suggests, it's a moving target. For one client, I installed a kiosk w/Oculus Rift that uses a locked-down version of Firefox Nightly; no updates allowed. At least it works!
iletisim

Hi. is there any news about supporting webvr? I realy need for my new project. look like krpano and 3dvista supporting it.
is there any spesific date for pano2vr release with webvr support?
360Texas

<OFFTOPIC>
Our 2014 55" LG OLED television came with WebTV browser. Not sure which version.

For a web browser function test I browsed to our standard website (HTML5) and clicked on one of our Pano2VR multinode Bridge project. It not not a cardboard version. But this shows that WebTV browser did work at that time.

Same panorama located on our website.
http://360texas.com/gallery/bridgeoct/bridgeoct.html
</OFFTOPIC>

20141118_092545_Richtone(HDR).jpg
20141118_092545_Richtone(HDR).jpg (760.8 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com