VRto.me - functionality and workflow wanted

Q&A about the latest versions
Micha

Hi Thomas,

your baby is growing fast and you added a lot of great features at v5. Since a short time the website http://www.vrto.me allow to create stereo panos. But the prices are to high and many don't like to see her work on the vrto.me server only. I think, if you add the functionality and simple workflow to Pano2VR, you will make many people happy. The time is ripe for stereo panos and intutive authoring tools are rare. :wink:

Good luck,
Micha
www.simulacrum.de ... CAD and 3D visualization service for designers and architects
Micha

More than one year later ... will v6 do the job? Will it be possible to create stereo tours for flash presentations? I'm looking for an easy to use solution that I can sent my client to present high quality stereo/mono tours of rendered interior designs.
www.simulacrum.de ... CAD and 3D visualization service for designers and architects
JSchrader

Stereo tours are working since long with Pano2VR and if I remember correctly there even is a tutorial on how to build these.
But why flash? No one is using flash any more these days.
Micha

Hi,

I have seen the tutorial - I expected a direct use of stereo strips, not to use two nodes as stereo pair. I makes much more work to cut the stereo strips into the doubled count of mono strips and setup independent left/right images.
I expect to toggle between stereo/mono mode finally, since I don't want to send my clients two tours. So, like VRto.me provide a simple stereo button.
And per flash I hoped to get a solution that can be send to a client and he starts an exe only. I don't need a web solution. In the past I used flash tours and the usage was quite good.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
To make a normal 360 pano tour with VR option is quite straight forward.

• Make pano tour using Pano2VR Pro
• Add second output also using the same output folder, the default is output
• In second output select cardboard skin
• In second output select cardboard Template under the HTML tab and change the file name to cardboard.html
• In second output select the Advanced tab and change the file name of the skin to cardboard.js and the Output File to cardboard.xml

In the normal skin add a button with action, Mouse Click, Go To URL, URL: cardboard.html, Target _blank

Hold down alt and click the create output button. Holding down alt means it will build both outputs together.
Adding a cardboard export to an existing Pro Tour takes two minutes tops.
With one output folder.

The only time this gets complex is if there are other hotspot types in the project file. Example ht_image.
All you have to do is add a hotspot template with no image called ht_image. This will prevent a node hotspot being used.
So adding about 30 seconds to the task. :wink:

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Micha

Hi Hopki,

thank you for detailed step-by-step explanation, it will help to create an universal VR.

For the future it could be nice to get it in one output. I understand that it is a no big effort to create two outputs, but from a stupid users views the VRto.me looks more elegant. ;) I suppose so the HMD stuff will be the standard in the future, so let it be so easy as possible.

So, please also add stereo stripe support and instead double nodes.

Could be there a solution that a complete tour (mono+stereo) is packed to a single exe file or something that can be started at a PC? For example I use a full 3D VR authoring tool based on something like a game engine. I can create an exe and send it to my client. He only needs to start this one file and can start to discover the VR. Could be great to get this for stereo panos too.

Thank you for your support and I wish you a nice Christmas time.
Micha
JSchrader

Meanwhile you may try this
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11509
Micha

Great idea. Thank you. :)