5.1 animation issue

Q&A about the latest versions
MGreen

Hi...of course I jumped straight into trying to get a projection animation occurring... the outcome I've been busting to get to for quite some time ... unfortunately I crashed within 1min ....
I get this message - "panoramic image converter has stopped working ... then I get this when VisStudio tries to debug...

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFF33326F3F (ig7icd64.dll) in pano2vr.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000002000003B6.

If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.

Over to you awesome developers ... Matt
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ohh.... not good. What exactly did you do to produce this crash?
MfG, Thomas
MGreen

Hi Thomas
I've reproduced the error multiple times
I am on an Win10 i7 (3517U @1.9GHz) with 16GB RAM
I loaded a 10000 x 5000 jpg (6.45MB)
Then set default view

Note - I'm currently away from my base system and am still suffering from the prob that Pano2VR opens to a screen that's not there ... so for right now I'll talk thru what I remember and screen shot the matter when I can over the weekend ...

I set new animation and set size to 1920 x 1080
I then select animation top-right screen icon
I set new clip
in the timeline I see that projection is defaulted to "don't remember" even if I've set default to "spherical" ... I move the time set line to several seconds and try to change the projection ... I can set the projection but when I set to change to duration ... system crashes .... that's what I can remember for now .... will reproduce with screen shots over the weekend -

all the best Thomas and your team - kindest regards, Matt
MGreen

Hi Thomas
ok - I'm crashing every time as simply as right clicking and selecting change projection ... from Rectilinear to either Stereographic or Fisheye - this is occurring across all recent projects

I will un-install and reinstall ... might as well on a Sunday night :?

.... ps - uninstall / re-install hasn't fixed the issue

.... pps - in case it helps .... My system has Intel HD graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

cheers, Matt
MGreen

Hi...can anyone please guide me on this....is there a Win10/i7 something something that I can set up to get going on use of 5.1 projections please
360Texas

Well yes, we too had an Abnormal End

Right mouse click on a Pano2vr Pro BLUE Folder Icon 'Search' button to look for a folder to save or open a new file
Error: Pano2VR - Panoramic Image Converter has stopped working

Dell 2720 AIO desktop computer (Dell 27 inch touch screen)
Intel(R) Core i7 4770S CPU 3.10 GHz
16 GB RAM
64bit OS

End result concerned our graphics adapter driver.

We inadvertently let Nvidia update to game drivers. Dell had specific workable video driver sets. Nvidia was trying to update their drivers across many computer video cards. We finally had to go back to DELL specific driver set in order to may Pano2vr to work properly and with out error.

AFTER a DELL hard drive rebuild of Windows 10 Anniversary UPDATE Read reinstall all applications [PhotoShop CS6 and Dreamweaver CS6, Pano2vr and MS Office Suite among 20 other programs we had on DVD )

Our final video card driver configuration

Video Cards:

Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600
Driver
7/17/2015
Read - Driver is signed
Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Nvidia GeForce GT 750M (M = Mobile tablet)
Driver
7/22/2015

Read - Driver is signed
Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

This is not designed to be an encouraging comment... but rather a possible solution to your issue

AND yes we did reply to your request for help.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
MGreen

Hi 360Texas
thanks.
The NVIDIA driver is most current and is 21.21.13.6909 dated 8/1/16
The Intel HD Graphics 400 driver is 10.18.10.4358 dated 12/21/15
Windows determined that both are up to date.
Thanks for replying/guiding.
Cheers, Matt

PS - I uninstalled and reinstalled in a new location (as per a glimmer of a technique from a post by Hopki) ... still same issue ... when any attempt to change projections, the process starts, goes about 1 sec with some change in projection visible then crashes
360Texas

I too learned that my video drivers with Intel and Nvidia were up to date...

but those drivers were not the driver set that originally came with the Dell computer.

Original Intel and Nvidia drivers worked well with Pano2vr on our Dell 2720 desktop computer. Nvidia tries to create drivers work with ALL computer motherboard on board video cards. That given, the only video card drivers that will work are those provided by your computer manufacturers hardware. Ours is DELL. Not sure what your computer mfg name is.

We had to reset or reinstall from scratch... windows 10 and then reinstall all our software to get the last compatible windows video driver set.

All the above comes from lessons learned.

But then you might have an entirely different situation.
Nuf said... off to answer other forum members comments.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dave,
So do I understand that the blue folder crash you had was video drivers?
This was the crash you had when trying to open images?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Pano2vr 4.5.3 did not have this blue folder program crash issue.

Possible CRASH cause
Pano2vr 5.0x did have this issue. Difference between 4.5.3 and 5.0 program was 5.0 used new program .dll driver source company.
Compare the Pano2vr5 \Program Files\Pano2vr and note the .dll file for QT5 dll (dynamic linked library) list.
Do same for Pano2vr 4.5.3 dynamic link library list. See they were update/changed for use in pano2vr5

A simple function of clicking on Pano2vr's 5.0x program Blue folder icon to pass program control from Pano2vr over to the computer operating system's File Explorer folders program to browse and search for another panorama to open in the pano2vr tour browser caused pano2vr program to Abnormally END and shut down.

We used a Standard equirectangle image.

To fix this issue on our computer... reformated c:\ and reinstall Windows 10 (anniversary version), Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Bridge, MS OFFICE and the 30 other programs and not allow the Original Dell video drivers to updated by Intel and Nvidia .

So far Pano2vr 5.1b and Objec2vr 311 work properly.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
MGreen

Note to dev team ...

" I uninstalled and reinstalled in a new location (as per a glimmer of a technique from a post by Hopki) ... still same issue ... when any attempt to change projections, the process starts, goes about 1 sec with some change in projection visible then crashes"

This ux where there is about a 1 sec of reprojection before crashing may indicate that some buffer or such is filling then fails on reaching some set limit ... just a pseudo tech guess from a guy who doesn't have a clue :?
MGreen

Note to dev team ...
Windows just did an auto update - in doing that the pano2VR icon dropped off the icon bar????
It got me thinking ... I tried uninstalling 64 version installing 32 version ... same outcome as described above

Can you please guide on this matter?
MGreen

NOTE - issue resolved by advice from Hopki to ensure that P2VR was set with full access to the NVIDIA GPU - done within the NVIDIA Control Panel
Hopki
Gnome

8)
As a side note, the Rectilinear projection does not require much power from the GPU so should open with no problems.
So if you get crash when you change projection then this is the fix.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Regarding Nvidia Control Panel... and how to "Give control to Pano2vr full Nvidia GPU"
Please read this other thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11391
NOTE - issue resolved by advice from Hopki to ensure that P2VR was set with full access to the NVIDIA GPU - done within the NVIDIA Control Panel
Dave
Visit 360texas.com