64 to 32 offline package (urgent) and private hosting

Q&A about the latest versions
KCMangan

Hi Gnomes..

I'm delighted to say I got a beautiful offline package together.
Offline being the key..All NDA stuff.
I'll post the steps soon.Its all online, it just takes a bit of picking through info...Hats off to Hopki ,Texas 360 and the others( sorry for not mentioning the others)

Managed to test it on several machines and they all worked..(PC)(win xp-10)

I really thought I was covered and then I got hit with " we only have 32bit"..Noooooo
I dont have a machine that runs in 32...

I'm hoping its a line of code that changes stuff to work....I don't code
If anyone has any suggestions, I'm in their debt..
Also if anyone can give me basics of coding I'll do my best to help them also.

I stumbled across some post who mentioned they could host for a period online, but I lost it, (i'd need it to be private, ie password locked).
All vendors welcome to submit..

Thanks in advance

K
360Texas

I have been following along your various threads on what appears to be same topic... meaning all your issues seem to be spread out across the forum. My thought is Its better to keep your issues all in one thread.. so we can look all the way back to your first request for help.

Firsts thoughts:
I can read your text about "its not working"

and "I really thought I was covered and then I got hit with " we only have 32bit"..Noooooo
I dont have a machine that runs in 32... "
So far you have not reported 'WHAT is it NOT doing" symptoms that you have forgotten to tell us details like ERROR Messages. ITS NOT WORKING is not useful to us. We would only be guessing .

From another thread:
Using Syfocus package for transferring to usb

So I got my project all together and packaged to a usb pen.
On the machine I created it on everything looks fine, but when I transfer the Usb pen to another machine, the main file works ok but the skin buttons are displaying as little windows image icons with a crack in them..(I presume thats a missing link)
All the png/svg files are on the pendrive so it should be linking to them.

Anyone any idea as to whats happening

Pano2Vr5.0.1Pro.

Thanks in advance.
K
little windows image icons with a crack in them..(I presume thats a missing link)
Correct its a missing link OR the image being called are not there.. ie a PATH issue if being viewed on a local computer OR just guessing if on a Server it could be the file or folder name miss spelled using UPPER/ LOWER case characters. Again.. JUST GUESSING since we did not create the project.

Viewing a project using a 32/64bit windows/ MAC, iOS or Android 4.0 -> 6.0.1 is important...
MORE IMPORTANT Telling us the browser name and version is more important as the browser usually is the offender. Yes missing links are the creators responsibility to fix. And ill formed filenames like "my-file_name_01.jPg" really do create performance issues. What filename character fonts that might work on a desktop, will have real err 404 'file can't be found" on a server.

Most of the time.. its not the computer or 32/64 bit CPU flavor... its the BROWSER's that create issue.
Have you tried using the BROWSER Developers TOOL kit while attempting to view the page will generate written ERR's that can trace to how to fix the issue. I know that Firefox and Chrome have their own Developer tools that run web page diagnostics and generate page coding errors.

And HOSTING.. thats another ball of string. ITS THE SERVER and ITs operating system like UNIX etc.

Please be more specific.

EDIT update: "Hopki added but if you can use the NW-JS app, then the webkit will work with everything".
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
KCMangan

Yep,
Its a year later T360,
I'm just posting so if someone follows up on this thread.

You were bang on (partially), it was browsers that were messing with everything.
That and following instructions from years back..

Please remember there is no official guide per release.So as the days trip on what was correct is no longer accurate.
Us noobs get very lost.

Many browsers dont read HTML5 the way p2vr v5 wants it to.
I think the guys (maybe you are involved), fixed it with 5.1 when out of beta.
I know it did the trick for me.I'm a very happy camper with it.

I'm a relative noob at all this, only 12 paid outputs online (about 200 paid local intranet projects ), each client different with what they needed.
Oddly enough I can now read half of what the the seniors( P2VR gurus) are talking about (only took a year:) ).

Hopkis happy new year works like a treat for a peer to peer option but still does nothing for the needed added extras.(pdfs, video)before 5.1 Pro
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11509.

I Got my client to download it and sent the output folder (it had pdfs so I couldnt package it officially).Worked like a charm.
Then put it online and the pano worked but not the extras..
A complete rebuild from the ground up and it worked a charm.

And HOSTING.. thats another ball of string. ITS THE SERVER and ITs operating system like UNIX etc.

yep found that out too, fricking horror if the skin is not perfect to a T

Anyhow,

My note is in thanks for your help 12 months back, I just didn't have a clue what you were talking about back then

Regards

K

(PS. out of lack of sleep I saw Dallas JR Returns(1996) last night..When chatting to you I think ofJR in a baseball-cap)
360Texas

Wow !

All the at Pano2vr say :"You are welcome Sir".
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
KCMangan

Hopefully thew "wow" wasnt in fear..

Many thanks for all the help, as I learn I hope to be able to help others

K