Short Term Workaround for VR Image flipping in Firefox for Android

Q&A about the latest versions
Boothy

Hi All

Short Term workaround for VR Image flipping in Firefox

Before I start may I say this is not particularly scientific or clever and is based on a process of elimination(and a bit of googling) not any special coding skills. But if you delete the following else-useroll line in the pano2vrgyro.js the image inversion seems to stop in Firefox for android while still retaining stare capabilities of cardboard skin/template.
pano2vrgyro_edit1.jpg
pano2vrgyro_edit1.jpg (156.69 KiB) Viewed 2212 times

See example here: http://www.spbooth.co.uk/presents/gt3/index.html

Now I have no idea what else this effects and if it mucks up the ios gyro (the script is based on ` the krpano iOS 4.2 gyroscope script by Aldo Hoeben / fieldofview.com contributions by Sjeiti / ronvalstar.nl`)

This may just help if you require a quick fix `local` presentation on an Android device. I have only tested this briefly so not sure if this will create any other browser compatibility issues. I doubt it will cause any major problems but please use at your own risk however minimal.

Thanks

Boothy
Boothy

Unfortunately probably due to recent app updates this workaround does not appear to work anymore. Its a shame because Firefox appears to be one of the better android browsers. A fix from the developers is well overdue.

Thanks

Boothy