Output: HTML5: HTML: Window Size

Q&A about the latest versions
dmenyc

Window Size:
Is there any significance to the default size of 640 x 480 pixels?
Does this relate to tile size?

The docs say, "this setting will be ignored" for the normal template (see below), but the docs for normal.ggt make no mention of 100% nor how to adjust the size of the player window.
Window Size – Adjust the width and height of the player window. This adjustment depends on the template used. For instance, the Normal template will use 100% of the player window and this setting will be ignored. However, the iBooks template will use the size defined here.
http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/output- ... rops/#html
Hopki
Gnome

In the normal template this helps Pano2VR calculate the optimal cube face size when not using multi resolution. The output will be 100%.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
dmenyc

I'm more confused.
a) I thought in this was ignored in the normal template.

What do you recommend?
What's best practice?

How can I predict the size of the window @ which people will view the pano when the pano is displayed in a responsive layout?

What's the impact of having sub-optimal cube face sizes?
dmenyc

and...How does this relate--if at all--to the default size of the Canvas in the skin editor?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Ok from the top.
The size setting under the HTML tab does not affect the skin or the HTML page. In version 5 the pano fills the HTML page.

The Size setting does help calculate the optimal cube face size if you do not use multi resolution.
The default is multi resolution.
Example under the Image tab of the HTML5 output you will see Multi Res is selected. Select Single Res and you will see Optimal with a size setting.
This is calculated using the input image size and size entered in the HTML tab. If you say that the window that will show the pano will be 1024 x 768, then enter this in the HTML tab, The optimal will show the the size the cub face should be. Note this does not include zoom, so if you are going to zoom in twice as much the the cube face size should be double.
This all said, why would you do this. Just leave it in the defaults and none of the above matters.

The Skin canvas is a different thing and is not effected by this at all.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
sKim360

Hi,
so if the normal template ignores the window size setting, how is it then possible to output a HTML page with the pano displaying in a window instead of using the full page? This was possible in version 4x of Pano2VR and i find no way to do it in v5. Also i'm missing the possibility to add a google map on the page. Where is it gone?
Thank you for any help.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi sKim360,
The Normal template in 5.x.x as you have found does not use the size for the output but for calculating optimal cube face size when using single resolution.

The Google map used to be in the HTML page in version 4.x.x, but in V5 it is now part of the skin with the map tool.
If you want the template from version 4.x.x you can add it to the HTML5 version 5 templates.

Download version 4 and install it.
Go to the templates directory and find the normal template, rename the template example normal_v4.ggt.
Once you have the template you can remove version 4 from your computer.

Now open Pano2VR 5.x.x and open the HTML template directory and copy in the normal_v4.ggt.
Restart Pano2VR and it will be available for use in V5.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
sKim360

Hi Hopki,

copying the v4 normal template to v5 works as expected. Thank you for this.
I suggest to add such a template maybe as "windowed" to Pano2VR 5.x in the standard installation.
Otherwise the settings for windowsize really are somewhat confusing in the interface.
Regards, Stefan.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Stefan,
As said the size settings are used in other areas of the software so need to be there.
I agree if you were a version 4 user you would make this assumption, maybe we need too think about this.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
JulesM

I have just downloaded pano2vr 5 pro. I have noticed that in html5, the window size has no effect, and always loads fullscreen.
This is a problem because when using multi-resolution images on a high res screen there is lagging.
Is there a way around this? Ideally I want to use html5 but at the moment the flash output is much smoother.
Best

Jules
360Texas

Please let us see too. URL ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com