OT QuickTime

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
Jeffreycb

I know this is off topic, however thought it was worth noting the death of QuickTime with the recent internet news advising window users to remove the software totally from their systems due to apple no longer supporting security patches. With Chrome not supporting it for awhile and I noted also macs won't play any QT online content either unless you manually reconfigure the settings (which doesn't always work)

There was a vast array of VR exciting content out there that I dearly loved to watch, interact, learn from and appreciated over many many years ; and that led me into panorama photography - some of it was ground breaking and now it's all gone.

jb
360Texas

Have you visited this page below ? The annual events were started in 2004 and continue. The WWP started with using Java moved to using Adobe flash viewer and in the last few years have moved to HTML5. Apple's Safari and the evolving HTML5 language were the main change force. Introduction of QT stepping stone probably helped along the way.

http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldw ... index.html
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Svendus

The QuickTime plugin are only 32 bit and apple has not updated it to the new 64 bit machines
IPhones still shoot Videos in .mov format in 1080 and 4 K, and most Video editing software runs out of memory
rendering lager projects
i have never been able to see QuickTime panorama on any Linux machine nor on my IPhones

a bit strange when even Microsoft leaves the Windows Media Video .wmv
and use .mp4 in their
Windows Movie Maker
Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3528.0331)
Image Image
KCMangan

Just saw this post on Quicktime panos on the iphone/ipad.

There is an app called i-pano that you can get and load quicktime.movs to that, on iphone, ipad
Its easy to use and lets you have the 720 views and acceoleration etc without having to upload to websites..

It doesnt support hotspots though..
Handy little gizmo for fast check as to what a pano will look like online without actually going through website setup..

K