Fiji Museum - Testing Head Mounted Display tour

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
NHobgood

I just uploaded a 3 pano tour for HMD and it works nicely. It takes a few attempts at double tapping to get into full screen view but eventually it kicks in.

http://sphere-guru.com/FijiMuseumVR/output/index.html
360Texas

Which Head Gear manufacturer flavor are you using ??
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
NHobgood

Dave - I am using a Google Cardboard for the moment with a Samsung Galaxy S6. I have ordered the Samsung Gear VR headset and it is on its way. :D
360Texas

You will find that your ONE SINGLE panorama (not a multiple pano Tour) will work well on the Gear VR and smart phone. Can you browse the internet to your website's Fiji Museum ? Not yet. I have not found a way to break out of the Oculus software to and use the internet to get to our 360texas.com site.

I am still learning the Gear VR. Maybe some day the software will be updated to us Multi panorama Tours.

Let us know when you get your Gear VR and we can talk more here in the forum. At the moment ' Google Cardboard' seems to be the only way to get to the internet to view Panorama Tours.

There is a way to use your smartphone and /output contents to view on the smartphone screen multi node tours (not split screen). Its easy. We put the /output/contents on in our phones memory card. Use the s6 and Fire Fox browser. Google Chrome will not let your browse and select .html. You only see a white screen panorama. Use MY FILES to browse and select the projects .html

Another way is to use the small white On-the-Go USB female/microUSB gender changer (came with our s7) to connect a Flash thumbdrive. The thumbdrive acts like a additional drive on your phone containing many Pano2vr Tours.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
NHobgood

Dave,

I can view the tour on the web without a problem. I put a link to the website on my blog here http://sphere-guru.com/wp/?page_id=60

When I click on the icon to go to the website on my Galaxy S6 I can get into the tour and navigate from one scene to another without a problem. The only thing is that it will not open in Full screen and need to double tap on the screen a few times to go full screen.
360Texas

Agree Cardboard and s6 should play nice with the internet.

You wrote
"The only thing is that it will not open in Full screen and need to double tap on the screen a few times to go full screen."
At the moment we are not using Cardboard device. Maybe some forum member with a Cardboard HMD can check this

Note below
My comment was leaning towards Samsung Gear VR. Which you said you have not yet received yet.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
NHobgood

Thanks Dave. I will report back on how it works once I have the Gear VR.
360Texas

FIXED - Turned Samsung Gear into functional CARDBOARD HMD device. Click to read and see photos.

Have fun !

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10176&p=44284#p44284
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
NHobgood

Nice !! I am looking forward to making many VR tours with my panos.