strip images to equirectangular or to QTVR?

Q&A about the latest Pano2QTVR beta version
remi

Hello!
I'd like to convert a strip of cubic images to QTVR or to an equirectangular image. THe conversion to QTVR gives me an unexpected result and I can't find a way to convert it back to equirectangular (without having to convert it to a set of 6 cubic faces first)
andrew222

I'd like to get in on this post also.

I now have a strip (1x6) of cube faces that were extracted from a quicktime movie (mine). I don't really understand how to use the strip to make the new quicktime movie instead of using my normal equirectangular image?

I've tried many methods and just get out of memory errors, wrong file format etc.

MMMMMmmmmmmm!
smooth

Just a thought!

Chop the cube tiles up using a "size" rectangular marquee tool and then rename the cubes to match the order to suit Pano2QTVR.

I know it works as I've done it before. The alternative to this is to use software that can do the conversion for you. Not 100% sure but I seem to remember iSeeMedia PhotoVista doing this sort of thing.

Regards, Smooth 8)
andrew222

I see.

For some reason I thought the import of the image strip was standard on Pano2QTVR. I tried it with the individual 6 images and that worked good but was obviously away with the fairys on the strip idea :oops:

Thanks anyway for the reply Smooth and hope your enjoyng the heat over there. I was hacking away at the car windscreen this morning with
-26oC in the air.

Andrew
smooth

Sitting here at 3.30AM and it's 28°+C sweating like a bastard.

Glad I have Air Conditioning!

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Texas

Here in Texas it is 3pm and it is 0c and we have 3cm of snow on the ground. Yes our computer room is warm and cozy. Are we eager to get out and take panoramas ? Not really.

Today it is Winter here in Texas. Next week it will be Spring quickly followed by Summer.

We have all the seasons here in Texas: Summer, More Summer and then Christmas.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
remi

thank you guys :)

I've resolved the problem with imagemagick.

now I use

convert tile.jpg -crop 1500x1500 +repage _cube_face_%d.jpg

to make the right files.