Auto Placing Question

HFlouch

I have a 32 node tour which I've just finished moderating on Pano2VR for upload to Google SV. Despite closed loops, I found the moderation pretty straightforward. However, on trying to upload to to GSV I was given a warning that 31 of the 32 nodes weren't auto-placed so may appear in the wrong place. None of the panos were upload with GPS, but all show now as "This node has GPS data assigned".

I've returned to the tour and tried activating auto-placing for the nodes. I am able activate it for a single link but as soon as I click to spin the pano, the auto-placing unlocks.

So two questions:
a. Can I ignore the warning and proceed to upload without fear of the nodes ending up in the wrong place?
b. What do I need to do to activate auto-placing? Is the system kvetching because I have non-GPS images in a configuration that includes closed lops?
HFlouch

Ok. have figured this out. Whilst the autoplace lock disappears once you spins the node, a greyed out tick in the autoplace box shows that the autoplace has succeeded. I just needed to go through and check that all links of all nodes had the autoplace checked. Where it's not checked, check it and adjust as neccessary.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Iv moved this to the correct forum.

Your work flow should be add the panos then add the location data.
As soon as each pano gets location data you will start to see Ghost hotspots in the viewer.

You can double click a hotspot in the viewer to activate it or easier still just use the tour map to link.
Please see this document.
These should be auto placed and in the correct location if the location data is correct.
If not, moving the map pin or adjusting the compass will move the hotspot.

The idea is you do not deselect auto place, if you do then yes you will get the message that nodes weren't auto-placed.
This is because Google use the location data and not where you place the hotspot in the viewer.
You can upload but Google will use the location data so what you see in Pano2VR may be very different to what you see on GSV.
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/