Problems uploading tours or Panoramas

tkershaw

Hi,

Just tried to upload new tour with new version B4 and keep getting reported "Error transferring .....-server replied Internal Server Error.

Tried uploading existing tours to new locations and same error.

Updating existing tours seems to work fine.

Cheers, Tom.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.01.00.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.01.00.png (76.74 KiB) Viewed 5072 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Check that you don't have any software blocking Pano2VR from connection to the Google account.
I had this with another Mac user and it was a security app, once is was told to let Pano2VR to get access to the the internet is was ok.
Do you see the Google map in the Tour Map?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
tkershaw

Hi Hopki,

Yes I can see the the Google Map in the Tour Map and I havn't changed any settings in my web security but I have just tried to upload some images to my Google Photos online and it wouldn't so looks like your correct. I cannot see any restrictions on my Mac or where to to access them on a per app basis but I will do a search and post the solution if I can find it.

Cheers, Tom.
tkershaw

Hi, can't find any way of blocking or unblocking application specific uploads. The files being uploaded were on a USB 3 connected external WD MyBook which is where I keep my tour files after completion. This is my normal workflow so for me the only thing changed is using beta4. Yes I went back to Beta3 but that is now displaying same issues. It would be nice if your other Mac user is available to disclose what his issues where as that might give me some clue as to what is going on.

I have moved the files onto my phone and uploaded them from there so at least the client has a tour live now. I had to copy the files onto my system drive first then they would upload to Google Drive. Never had this issue before and I am assuming its a Mac issue.

Thanks for the help.

Tom.
tkershaw

HI,

Further update, I transferred second project to laptop and worked fine with Windows Pano2VR Beta4.

Will keep looking for security issues on Mac but cannot see a mechanism to provide a block for uploads from specific applications.

I also not that Pano2VR beta 3 and 4 crashes when I try to exit the Mac application through the menu normally. FYI.

Cheers, Tom.
tkershaw

Hi,

Problems is still occurring, I have no third party security software running on Mac system now and still get same error from Google Servers rejecting the images when they reach 100% uploaded. I have found issue with my Google drive exhibiting similar problem in that my quality settings on "Google Photo's" was set to "High Quality" a misnomer as it is not high quality, not "Original" to save on my Google Drive space. Resetting to "Original" solved my issues in that department but not in Pano2VR.

I would appreciate some assistance, as using the laptop is OK as a temporary workaround but there seems to be some other issues with the Mac Beta3,4 in as it always crashes using the correct way "CMD Q" to exit the application.

I have a 50 node project to upload this week along with two smaller projects of 20 nodes each so time is an issue for me. Shall I create a support issue and upload the "package"?

Cheers, Tom.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tom,
It must be something on the Mac that is preventing Pano2VR connecting with your account, or a setting you are using Google does not like, as you say on a different computer all is ok.

The solutions to the exactly the same error message have been:

1) On a Mac software blocking Pano2VR from talking with Google, but you could see the Tour Map.
Software was removed and all started working again. I believe there was a setting in the software to not effect Pano2VR.

2) Panos being uploaded with the Size setting changed in Pano2VR preferences/Images. The default is 12,000px JPG.
Customer was uploading 16,300px JPG, changed it back to default and panos uploaded ok.
Pano2VR 5.2 beta 3 introduced image size limit. Before this time it uploaded the input image size so you had to make your input images 12,000px.

3) Panos were being uploaded as TIF, again under Preferences/Images deselect use TIFF.
The reason why we put in a TIFF check box is we were told customers were uploading TIFF's without any problems so we added the check box.
The Google recommendation is 12,000 JPG.
What I would do is make sure all your settings are at default, so Pano2VR preferences/Images size 12,000 and TIFF deselected.

Also as a thought, the internal web server of Pano2VR does not effect uploads to Google but it could be the port is conflicting.
What is the port set to for the internal web server in Pano2VR? Try setting it to 8000 or 8080.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
tkershaw

Hi Hopki,

The internal web server port wasn't conflicting though I did try a change.

Definitely no security software blocking Pano2VR but the TIFF check box was selected and deselecting this corrected the problem. I haven't altered that setting as I am not using TIFF in these cases so possibly be worth checking as it looks like after the upgrade this has been selected as default.

But all good and I can get away from using the laptop at last, eye strain was a real issue. So many thanks for the help great service as usual. I am glad to say that several, at least 4 Google TIP contacts, have purchased Pano2VR on my recommendation and all report as excellent software providing better options and stable platform from their business's.

Really appreciated, Tom.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tom,
Glad its working.
We added the checkbox because we were told you could upload TIFFs even though the official is Equirects 12,000 and JPG.
So in the settings we added the ability to change this if things change later.
The defaults should be this check box is deselected but Ill check this.
Im going to add a request that this check box gets a warning that changing these settings could brake the upload.
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com