workflow for editing a published tour

MOaks

Hi,
A couple test projects I uploaded to Google maps didn't display the nadir logo I had placed in the edit master node. I do not know why is question #1. I am also curious to know the workflow for editing a published tour. For example; If the published tour needs editing would I download the tour, make the edit and then re-publish or could I upload the corrected tour again and the published tour would be over written with the re-edited tour. I am thinking I might have to republish the test tour with the logo.

Thanks for all your help,
Matt
soulbrother

Yes, how to handle the editing of a published tour is an essential question.

Furthermore I want to ask:
- what happens if I delete the tour in the street view browser?
--- will those panos be deletet also on the google servers and will those really disappear in google-maps?
Zaphod

Hi,

what I found out so far is, that if you really delete it from the tour browser, it will be deleted from Google Servers as well. This can take some time, sometimes days. In the meantime you might see a "do not enter streetsign" in the web frontend that will vanish at some point. Just be patient with Google :D .

If you change a pano, reagrdless if the picture itself or any setting (e.g. leveling) it is not sufficient to update the tour via P2VR, as P2VR will realize the picture being already on the servers and only updating the metadata. What I did in such a case was to delete the picture in question and then upload the tour again. This will then realize the pictures missing and also updating the metadata fro all the others. Of course you will have to wait for Google to catch up with the changes which can take some time. Frequent changes are therefore not a good idea :( .

Greetings

Zaphod