How to get around the WordPress File size limit

Everything concerning the Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal plugins
Hopki
Gnome

First you will need an FTP application such as FileZiller.

Open Object2VR or Pano2VR and produce your project the size you want.
Then make a copy and set all the sizes down so it now fits in your upload file size.
Output your ggpkg and upload to Word Press.

Go back to the first full sized project which does not need to have the ggpkg output. Rename the XML to pano.xml and delete the HTML page.

Now using your FTP login to your hosting and go to the wp-content folder. Then enter the uploads folder, year folder and month folder that contains your ggpkg file, in this case as its 2014 and the 09 folder as its September. You will see the ggpkg file and a new directory with the same name. Open the directory and you will see all the files.

Now copy all the files from your output folder here, remembering to rename the XML to pano.xml and do not copy across the HTML page, better to remove it from the output folder.

Thats it.
With my 8MB max file size I have managed to upload a 60MB multi resolution Object2VR project and a 221MB multi node, multi resolution Pano2VR tour.
The only thing you can not do is have external elements such as popup pictures etc as the paths get broken.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Yes, I have searched and read most all the Word press content on the GGS documentation an the CMS forum thread.

Jack is the Photographer, Mike is the WP/ CMS PhP programmer that is building the new website. Programmers PhP CMS Realtor site is not finished yet and I need to provide all the sample WP files necessary so he can incorporate them into the site design.

We are attempting to create a 3 pano node tour for WordPress/ PhP webpage (not on server yet) when I noticed your comment about file size limit.

Using Pano2vr Pro we built a HTML5 and Remap to output project. And I don't see that an HTML file was generated.

I assume your WP account is has 8mb limit. Most likely our clients will be same size limit.

Just looked at our tour.ggpkg and its 27.7 mb. Using Pano2VR Pro our project OUTPUT/ folder contains the following files:

Output/
images
tiles
pano2vr_player.js
pix.png (maybe page picture clickable link to start tour)
skin.js
tour.ggpkg [25,717 KB]
tour.xml

If we are only uploading the big tour.ggpkg like shown in your Tutorial then I am assuming the other files in the OUTPUT folder are not needed and will not be uploaded to server. But I could be wrong there.

Need to also know the link code (click place holder pix) to start the tour similar HTML page code.. or maybe WP / PhP CMS does not work like that.

Help... we are Lost in Wordpress confusion.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dave,
Here is the TIP document.
There is also another way, upload a small tour to wordpress, then use the FTP to locate the folder on the server. Then directly add the large tour files to it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Roy Reed

The GGPKG file is just a ZIP with a different file type name. Make a copy of the GGPKG file and rename it to filename.zip, then open it and delete most or all of the contents of the 'tiles' folder until it's under the file limit. Then change the name back to filename.ggpkg and upload that to WordPress via the Media upload dialog.

Then via FTP upload, copy the contents of the 'tiles' folder from the other copy of the original GGPKG file (again after renaming it to .zip) to the folder in the WordPress/wp-content/uploads/year/month/panofolder/tiles where the original tiles are missing from.