Trying with Stereo panos

Everything concerning the Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal plugins
Peder

I am trying to output stereopanos to Google Cardboard usint teh beta 5.1. I manage to preveiew the stereo panos in my local web browser but something is preventing me from viewing in stereo after attaching the ggpkg to a wordpress post. Any concept of what I am missing? I have tried downloading Wordpress templates that claim to be designed for VR panos but the plugins complain that it cant install due to missing Style.css. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

There is mention of the Cardboard skin having a parameter called:
Nodes are stereo pairs – Select this if your nodes are stereographic.

I cannot seem to find this setting?

Thanks!
/Peder
Peder

I found the nodes are stereo pairs in the HTML tab. It is checked -and as I mentioned P2VR seems to show it in a browser window on my desktop when clicking the preview icon.
Hopki
Gnome

HI Peder,
I have moved this post to the CMS forum as you are asking about GGPKG's and such like.
The GGPKG does not have the ability to show side by side images and as its being embedded in a CMS (Wordpress website), it does not make sense as the fullscreen button will not work as would be required for Apple devices.

To this end please see this forum post regarding cardboard.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Peder

Thanks so much. Finally got it working by following your excellent instructions. I think the client will be very pleased!
:D
Peder

Thanks. Here are a few observations and suggestions for improvement -I am really a newbie at working with P2VR som forgive me if some things are really easy for the user to set themselves and I just havent found out. Especially the skin editor is a bit daunting to me.

1 Sluggish performance: the panos when viewed thru a cardboard device are a bit sluggish when rotating. Perhaps I need to set other image sizes than the defaults for this to run more smoothly?
2 Autonext. The autonext is nice so that when you look at a hotspot you are automatically transported there. There are a few issues though. This doesnt seem to prevent the phone from "going to sleep" Also jumping to a position high in the sky gives you a bit of neckpain ;-). Perhaps an option of clicking the Cardboard viewer could forward the tour to the "next" pano. Of course this suggests there is a "linear" flow thru the hotspots which I suppose need to be defined? Anyway a simple slideshow option without hotspots could probably be nice. Then the nodes dont have to be visible in the cardboard viewer either.
3 Graphic. I find the graphic symbol for the cardboard view a little too large -obscuring the part of the view you want to see. Perhaps another graphic (or smaller) can be used. I changed the size of the icon myself so perhaps not a big issue.
4 Workflow: I can export the VR strip format straight out of Vray. Howerver for stereopanos the format is a "double VR strip". This means I have to cut them in two in Photoshop and then do the linking on the pair by pair. It would be nice if P2VR could support stereopanos in this format straight out of the box and that just one hotspot be enough. I am sure you are working on this though.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Peder,
1 Sluggish performance, there is a setting in the template, smooth slows it down a tad. Try playing with this setting and see if it improves.

2 Autonext, you can use a timer with an open next pano action.

3 Graphic, just resize in the skin.

4 Workflow, At the moment left and right has to be added separately. This will be addressed later but need to get 5.1 out of beta first.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/