Typo and some unresponsive problems

Everything concerning the Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal plugins
Philux

I have a feeling that there's a typo here ( see attachment ).
In the height line for wordpress: maybe it's height not width

Wordpress / Object2VR

I am trying to set some Object2VRs and it's not panning as it should.
As soon as the available width shrinks below the height setting, the Object2VR gets chopped.

Say:
Example http://philuxphoto.ca/2016/08/burton-boots-360/
Pass: Object2VR

Available space: 40%-60% columns.
GGPKG setting 100% x 450px
Window size, object2vr size 450x450
Shortcode setting on both O2VRs 100% x 450px

As soon as the width is shrunk to < 450 the object2vr gets chopped.
The current behaviour of 100% width is to fill the space if it's wider than the height, never shrink.

The desired behaviour will be for the thumbnail to shrink down to say 250px.
If it is not possible or unpractical and I don't see it, please say so. Don't want to chase a ghost.
Hope there's a solution though.

Some strange behaviours I've noticed:
- once I zoom in I can't rotate an object unless I use the buttons, zoom out to 100% of window size and the mouse/drag to rotate works again.
- if image auto load is off ( when creating the object2vr), when you auto play the object it only plays the few images that you happened to load while dragging the object.
( drag left right and a few images load, nothing else; set auto rotate in the interface, it won't load the other images, just play the preloaded ones, skips the unloaded images )

Thanks for any suggestions.
Attachments
ScrCapture.PNG
ScrCapture.PNG (81.2 KiB) Viewed 4766 times
Philux

I've added the Reindeer.ggpkg to the page above for testing.
The startup thumbnail ( cover ) looks zoomed in, hence chopped.
Once played it works fine the ggpkg works fine.

Note:
- If you add the same ggpkg twice in the same page some confusion can arise: hit play on one and the other one plays
- when you play one of two appearances of the same package, you'll might never get to play the second one.
( not looking really to play two of the same, just trying to provide some feedback )

Thanks !
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Re your first post, Typo, the width and height settings in the plugin are only examples, you really want the height to be the same as your image window size as set in the HTML5 settings tab. The width if set to 100% will make it responsive, so will change as you reduce the width of the browser window.
But as you say the height is fixed, in this case you need to allow the object to have adequate space in your website.

Preview image, this is determined by the Image Window Size as set under the HTML5 settings tab.
Adding the same ggpkg twice, not sure why you would need to do this but do you use the add media button or just copy the first code string?

Zoom, Object2VR's default setting is Move: Auto move mode. The idea is when zoomed out the object rotates and when zoomed in it switches to move mode so you can drag the zoomed in image around to see all of it.

You can deselect this under the HTML5 settings tab, just deselect Auto move mode.
You can have a button in the skin with a viewer mode action to switch between rotate and move modes.
Please see Object2VR's documents about the skin editor.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Philux

Thanks Hopki for the pointers.
I still can't wrap my head around how this works.

Specific examples in the posts above are not available anymore. The whole page will probably disappear soon. Sorry.

1. if exported O2VR window size is 300px square and GGPKG plugin in WP is set to 200px x 200px, instead of shrinking the window ( like a forceful resize ) it chops the window.
2. if exported O2VR window size is 300px square and GGPKG plugin in WP is set to 500px x 500px the window gets enlarged ( expected and intuitive )
GGPKG should dictate the window size regardless of export settings. Not happening when shrinking is necessary.
If for some reason I have different size windows O2VRs and I want to conform them to the lowest common denominator how would I do it without exporting all the O2VRs again ?

3. of course you were correct about the zoom in and auto move mode
4. I've added as new media the same O2VR, code is the same for the two inserts, confusion between players is still there. No biggie anyway, no plan to have two of the same.

I am doing the best I can but something doesn't seem right to me.
Will try to find some middle way.
Philux

Mr. Hopki, if you could shed some light into this that will be much appreciated.
I've spent some hours trying to figure it out, but I am just a monkey typing Shakespeare, with some luck here and there.

How come this O2VR here resizes when you squish the window,
http://ggnome.com/object2vr
Dragon sculpture - both while inactive ( preview image ) and active ( played ).

(Post edited)

The resizing feature is what I'm after.
Thanks !
Philux

I noticed the Play Button ( Play icon in circle ) tends to wander sometimes when browser window resizes.
It there anything I can do about that ?
k.ary.n
Gnome

I have a feeling that there's a typo here ( see attachment ).
In the height line for wordpress: maybe it's height not width
Thanks for catching that. The typo has been fixed, along with the formatting of the table. I hope that makes it easier to read and doesn't encourage you to use curly quotes. :wink:

http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/cms-plu ... attributes