HTML5 Move to View now with X/Y

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
In the final release of Object2VR 3.x it is possible to not only select a column, row and zoom but now to add X/Y data to move to a certain part of the zoomed image.
To better explain what I mean I have made an example, please right-click the link and open in a new window so you can see the object while still reading the post. LINK.

The object opens and you can rotate it, it is an HTML5 multi resolution project with 5 x Zoom.
The thumbnails located bottom left of the screen all have actions to rotate, zoom and adjust the X/Y position of the object so you can see in more detail the parts of the object I want to bring to your attention.

So how do you use it?
First select the column/s, the fastest way to do this is use the Viewing parameters, open the window rotate the object until you see the frame/s you want then make a note of the Current Column.

Select the HTML5 output, then make sure you enable zoom, in the example as its multi-resolution it has 5 x zoom.
The action is the Move to view action, but you add a few more parameters and leave out speed,
Screen Shot 2014-05-09 at 17.11.41.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-09 at 17.11.41.png (47.47 KiB) Viewed 9327 times
So starting from left to right you have:
Column / Row / Zoom / Speed / X / Y

So the screenshot shows column 49, Row 0, zoom 450, speed 0.8, X:0.53 and Y:0.58

The X/Y values are 0 to 1 and move the camera/view.

So for the X axes:
0 = moves the image to the right so you see the left part of the object.
1 = moves the image to the left so you see the right of the object.
Therefore 0.5 is in the middle.

Same for the Y axes.
Knowing this makes it relatively easy to set the view.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ondrej

Hi Martin and thanks for letting me to the forums!

This is, indeed, fantastic feature which opens new possibilities. Also exactly what I use in the project I work on lately.

I wonder if there are more options of controlling the view movement? I'd need the view to go all the way out first and then rotate/zoom another view. Also it would be great to have more control over the movement itself, so setting up speed for each movement separately and perhaps also timing so you could be able to spin first, then zoom, etc. Would any of these be possible?

I am still learning basics so my apologies if I am missing something obvious
Many thanks
Ondrej
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ondrej,
This is the features first outing so it's a bit basic.
However now version 3.x of object2VR has the new skin editor (skin v2) there are the foundations to improve.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
ondrej

Thanks Hopki, I am looking forward for future updates. It would be great to have a bit more control over the 'Move view' function.

Cheers
Ondrej
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just to expand on how to target the area you want to zoom into accurately, use Photoshop or any image program that can use percentages for the rulers.
For Photoshop open the image that you will want to zoom in on and make sure you have Rulers showing.
Double click on either the top or side ruler to open the settings then change the Units, Ruler to Percent.
1.jpg
1.jpg (81.82 KiB) Viewed 9165 times
Place the mouse cursor where you want to zoom too in the image and make a note of the top and side percentages, it may be better to pullout the guide lines. In this example the left eye is X = 0.47 and the Y is 0.415

In the attached example the blue button zooms in to the left eye using the above data. The purple button zooms in to a white dot on the back of the toys collar neck and the red dot returns the view to default.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
movetoview.zip
(289.21 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
sigurd.eliassen

Old thread, but I'll take my chances :)

Hopki; This is a great feature, thank you.

I notice that the movement happens in this order: Zoom first - then move and rotate combined. This doesn't give a very smooth transition, since the zoom may not make sense in the current column, and the column spinning may look confusing when the view is zoomed in.

Is it possible to first rotate, then zoom (and move if applicable)? In theory, it's only a matter of the order which the source code is executed.

A pedagogical approach would be to first rotate to the respective column (without zooming) - hold for a moment, and then zoom/move, and having separate input values for the time used on these different steps.

Maybe this could be a future request?

Regards,

Sigurd
Hopki
Gnome

HI Sigurd,
Yeah its a cool feature, heres my cup project.
This is already in the bug tracker.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
JPeter

Do we need a high-quality image to photoshop and customize our images to zoom-in, zoom out? How well does it work with HTML5?
Online Product Customization Software
iDesigniBuy
http://www.idesignibuy.com/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi JPeter,
if you have a 640 x 480 window and you want to zoom in 2 x the the input images need to be twice the size of the window.
Select Multi resolution and the Object will still load very fast.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com