How to take pictures

Q&A about the latest versions
stekly.milos

Hallo,
Maybe I am searching badly... I can't find any tutorial how to take picture for SW Object.

I mean... How many picture around, from which position and which angle.

Could somebody help me with some link 😉

Thank you.

Milos
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
It will depend on your subject.
I use between 12 to 50 images (columns).
So for something with little detail I would use 12 images. LINK
Something with more detail I would use say 50 images. LINK
A good middle ground is 36, one image every ten degrees.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
stekly.milos

Dear Hopki,
thanks for your quick reply. I think it´sounds quite easy to do it at home only with camera, tripod and the object rotate 360°.

Do you know the condition if I want to make picture also from the top. Is it posible to do it easy at home? I found something on TopShow3D - Compact. The camera goes up to to take another pictures from the top. Is it possible to do it without this equipment? I need maybe some special tripod or laser to have camera in the same position??...

Actually I could not find a long time how to do object of cars. I found everything on your webpages. There are many company who support Object2VR and I also found all the gear, it´s not easy and cheap. But I´ve got information I needed.

Thank you for your support.

Milos
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Milos,
To shoot rows correctly you have to have the "hinge" point so that the camera will move up and down keeping the same distance from the object as it move up.
Also most of the motorised arms can move up and down so the camera is looking at the centre of the object when horizontal.
It is possible to do this with a manual table and a tripod.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
stekly.milos

Thanks a lot for help...

Milos