Capturing images with a drone

Q&A about the latest versions
OSandland

Has anyone tried capturing images for O2VR with a drone? I am creating 3d models for construction and inspection purposes, but for objects where high detail is needed, 3d-models are not good enough. I will orbit the point of interest at different altitudes, capturing images every 20 degrees of rotation. I'm just interested in hearing back from experienced users what you think about this, and if there are anything to pay attention to while capturing.

Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
I know the DJI Inspire II can do this where you can plot a circle around a place or object and take shots.
Im not sure if the Magic Pro can, I know it can take panos but not sure about plotting a course around a place/object.
I guess the best thing to do it contact DJI.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
OSandland

Thanks for the quick response, but I have full control of the tools available to capture the images. However, images captured with a drone will not be the exact science you get with a turntable. There may be variations in elevation as I orbit the point of interest, and even though my app is set to capture every 20 degree turning, there may be deviations from that. Particularly when I'm going to repeat the process 3-4 times to create 4-5 multirow models in O2VR.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
It will depend on the distance from the object, the further away you are the less you will see.
As you were talking drone I was thinking you were looking at a large building.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/