About the use of variables or placeholders

Q&A about the latest versions
flaviomassari

Hello there, this is my first post, I am a newbie of Object2VR, and sorry if my question was answered before, I have searched without success.
I think the manual is a little confused, as there is questions that cross change between the 2 software, pano2VR and Object2VR.
I am trying to produce a solution that show a machinery for small brewery and via hotspots details and explanations. I was thinking to use Point hotspots and Polygon hotspots, but in the point HS I can add sources, actions, parameters and targets, in the PolyHS only URL and targets.
I use a external loader to load different images, and a text box where each HS action set the new text
I think this is better done via variables, without having as many external loaders as images to load, I think is possible but don't find the way.

Can some one tell me how to better do this?

2) Can I have some language changes actions, or some tags coming from the website?

Thank you again and hope to better know the potential of this software.

The preview is visible at www.puglia360.it/sansone and the skin is attached (think this is a work in progress)
Attachments
test.ggsk
(286.55 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi flaviomassari,
Welcome to the forum.
Please see the attached project.
How it works, the hotspots have the file name of the images in the hotspot targets text field.
The skin has a hotspot which has the actions to show the external loader and set text to the loader using the placeholder $ht (hotspot target).
the external loader has the action that when clicked to hide, self and set text to blank to unload the image.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
popup.zip
(983.08 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
flaviomassari

Thank you Hopki.
So the Hotspot in the skin use the placeholder $ht to load various images, and act as a Variable loader. This seems different in the poly hotspots as they don't have ID-interface.
Can the target text of the polyHotspots be loaded by a placeholder?

Is it possible to change a text in a text box in accord with the image loaded?

Thank you again
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Open the attached project and click the eyes.
To make this work with Poly hotspots you need to add a container to the skin as there is no hotspot template.
In the attached project you will find a container called: poly_link_container in the skin.
This has the actions like the hotspot template to open the popup and load the image from the target text field.
But you will also see under the advanced tab of the container a hotspot Proxy ID, Poly01.

In the Hotspot Editor you will see a Poly Hotspot with the ID, Poly01. The Proxy ID in the container makes a link between the Poly Hotspot and the container, so if you click the Poly hotspot the click action is also made with the container, so opens the popup and shows the image.
You would need a container for each now Poly hotspot but as you can copy and paste then this is relatively quick.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
popup_poly.zip
(984.63 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
flaviomassari

:D Thank you hopki.. Now it's clear how to use the placeholders