Auto tags: using them in skins

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
ArkiTonio

Hi.
Playing with some skins I'm making myself, I'm trying a feature I found very useful: Auto Tags.
For example, if I put a background sound in my panorama a new tag automatically becomes available: Sounds.
Great!
So I thought I could use it for some behaviour in my skin, for example automatically showing some audio controls/buttons only in those panos with a background sound, hiding them in any other silent panos (easy to do with logic blocks, in Visible option in this case), without worring to specify explicitally a tag (like "Music" or "Audio" etc.) each time...
But I was wrong... It doesn't work...
It seems auto tags are not intended for this use. It seems they're intended only for use in the tour browser...
So, Thomas, wouldn't it be possible to add such a feature to Pano2VR?

Thank you
ArkiTonio
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Alain,
Yeah, Auto tags don't would with the tags logic block.
Ill add a feature request and see what happens.

But what you can do is use folders...
If you add a sub folder to your project folder, name it sound and drop in all the panos that will have sound.
Open Pano2VR drag in all the panos and open the sound folder and drag them in.

You will see that all the panos that came from the sub folder sound will have useable tags call sound which will then work in the skin.
This is very useful is your making a Google tour with levels, you just add sub folders to your main project file, named: G, 1st, 2nd etc and drop in all the appropriate panoramas. You can drag in the folders and all the panos in the folders will get added with the name of the folder as a tag.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ArkiTonio

Thank you, Martin.
Interesting feature: I didn't know that dragging a picture inside Pano2VR had the effect of adding the name of its parent folder as a tag (the same if adding the pano in the tour browser, right clicking and choosing the green +, Add Panorama).
But it's not so useful: I should always prepare those panos putting them in a "Sound" folder before dragging them in, the same if I manually add the tag by myself...
The feature I was thinking about is a little different: it should make the tag ("Audio", for example) automatically appear if a background sound is added to the pano, independently from the panos source folder.
However thank you, as always, for the hint and for the Auto tag feature request.
ArkiTonio