Output for navigation using HMD touch screen button with gaze

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
JackH

Hello,
I’m trying to create a test tour in Pano2VR Pro, to enable the mechanical touch screen button in a head mounted display (which only presses the mobile phone center bottom of screen) to go to the tour node that is currently in the center of gaze.
I started with the cardboard.ggsk skin that uses pure gaze control to navigate.

In the skin editor:
I set up two variables: VarUrl and VarTarg (both blank, type text).
On the ht_node element I changed the “mouse click” action to “set variable value”, chose VarUrl and set it to $hu.
On a second mouse click action I repeat but use VarTarg and set it to $ht

I then created a long rectangle along the lower 30% of the canvas and gave it an action: pressed, open next panorama, URL: VarUrl, pan/tilt/FoV: VarTarg

In Chrome browser the panorama opens but when clicking the long button at the bottom it Chrome gives the error: “Error loading panorama XML” regardless of whether the center of gaze is on a hotspot or not.
I figure this is because either the “open next panorama” action can’t assign a variable text value and is instead simply using the variable name or the $hs / $ht values only work on actions assigned to the ht_node element, so using them on the long button means they are out of scope??

Is there any other way to set up this touch button?

Huge thanks,
Jack
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jack,
Pano2VR does not support this.
Our Cardboard output uses stare navigation.
Just line up the hotspot with the centre cross and after 2 seconds you will change nodes.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JackH

Thank you for confirming Hopki.

I find when looking at a tour with gaze only navigation, on an HMD, it's not the best user experience to keep having to think about avoiding gazing at hotspots when you are not ready to leave the node. I realise gaze only navigation is the main way it's done in HMDs at the moment but if anyone else has the same issue (so that i'm not the only one!) perhaps future Pano2VR versions could benefit from such added touch with gaze control?

A secondary but related question:
When the users gaze falls on a hotspot I've been trying to initiate a simple animated rectangle to show a sort of visual countdown for the imminent node change (the idea being that if we cant have a button, at least we could have a warning of what's about to happen).
I'm using a logic block on the rectangle's scale, driven by a true/false variable which is set by the hotspot "mouse click" source. The rectangle currently animates only after the node change though.
Is there any solution for this approach?

Cheers
Jack