Assign actions to polygon hotspot? And border width?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Frankster69

Hi Gnomers,

A small question: how can I assign actions to a polygon hotspot? I have assigned the action to stop autorotate on mouse-over to all my clickable spots, I just can't figure out how to add that to the polygon.

And how can I make the border thicker? I want to give the background full transparency and show a border of about 3 pixels wide. Is that possible?

regards, Frank
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
You can't change the border width at the moment, this is a feature request so will happen at some point.
You assign actions to a polygon hotspots using the Hotspot Proxy ID.
When you add a Poly Hotspot change the ID to say pop01.
Then back in the skin editor add a rectangle and in its properties panel enter pop01 when it says Hotspot Proxy ID.
Any actions assigned to the rectangle will then be actioned when the poly is clicked.
You can then of course hide the rectangle in the skin.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Frankster69

Hi Martin,

Ok, thanks, that's not difficult, I'll implement it today to try :)

regards, Frank
benmckaydesigns

Hi, this doesn't seem to work for me. It would be a great feature to include on future versions to add the "actions" option directly to the polygon drop-down menu on the tour builder(pano/url/action), easier than going back and forward between the builder and the skin editor creating boxes, assigning IDs... not very practical or intuitive.

Thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Polygons were only ever meant for changing nodes, so therefore their interaction with the skin is limited.
easier than going back and forward between the builder and the skin editor
You just add the poly, give it a unique ID then go to the skin editor to build what it should interact with.
this doesn't seem to work for me
What bits not working, can you post your project?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
mmpano

I'm looking for a way to increase the border width of a polygon hotspot when the mouse enters the polygon. Is there a way to do this or just increase the size of the hotspot border? Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Border width can not be changed.
You can however using Hotspot Proxy ID change the colour of a polygon on mouse enter, and change it back on mouse leave.
See the attached project.
Regards,
Attachments
project.zip
(13.17 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
mmpano

That's too bad. Is there a plan to add this feature?