Hide / Unhide hotspots editing the html -SOLVED-

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
JBaldo

Hi everybody!Good morning. :D

We want to create a tour based on a hall , and from this hall start accessing different rooms.
The idea is to upload in wordpress the FULL tour BUT , for example, only have visible ;Hotspot1 to access Room1. Then, when we have ready the info for the Room2-> make visible its Hotspot2..and so on.

We do not want to "re-publish" once and another the files in wordpress... this is the key question
The questions are:
1-how we can "hide" the unused hotspots, modifying the code.? This way we "grow" step by step the tour.
2-which file should be modifyed each time we want to "publish" a new hotspot, and be overwritten in the FTP?

Due my lack of programming skills an small piece of text with the code,before-after will be highly appreciate,

We are going to publish over Wordpress platform.

Tanks so much in advance!
Joan
Last edited by JBaldo on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
JBaldo

Anybody? :roll:
christoph
Gnome

Hi Joan!
You could use tags to toggle the visibility of hotspots:
- give those nodes where you want to see hotspots a tag of - for instance - 'show' (in the userdata panel)
- create a hotspot template in the skin editor
- uncheck its visibility (in the 'appearance' properties), so it is invisible per default
- add a logic block to the visibility property -> tags contains 'show' -> visible = true

now you should only get hotspots for nodes that have the 'show' tag....

if you do not want to republish the whole .ggpkg file, you can manually replace the pano.xml file, which contains the tags, etc.

Regards,
Christoph
JBaldo

Hi Christoph, and thanks so much for you answer.

I know the approach you talk about (and is great) but what I mean is AFTER having published (output) the project in HTML, how can I modify this html document (deleting any keyword,or tag or whatever) to "hide" elements like buttons, in the skin. But ONLY from the code, not inside Pano2VR.
I hope to have been more specific this time. Sorry if I didn't clarify enough first time.

Thanks again Christoph!
christoph
Gnome

Hi Joan!
You could manually add/remove tags in the pano.xml file of the html5 output. (and using the approach from my last post, this would then hide/show hotspots)
Just open pano.xml in an editor, search for 'tags' (it should be inside the userdata tag of each node) to edit the tags.

Directly maipulating skin elements like buttons etc. in code is not so easy, they are all defined in a javascript file (skin.js), but as i said, you can build your skin with logic blocks and use tags to trigger them. Then edit the tags in the .xml file.

Hope this helps....
Christoph
JBaldo

Hi Christoph, and thanks so much AGAIN for your help.

Please accept my apologies because I didn't understood first time.
It works exactly as expected, so your approach is exactly what I was looking for.

Really appreciate your help :)

Please one mor question, could you give a view to my other post:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9379&p=51119#p51119

It seems that still is not possible to do it :cry:

Best regards and have a nice day!!