Blinking text

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
PLaine

Hello,

I've set logic block to a text which comes from negative left position to positive position on mouse over on a corner of this text - thus in one second. The text inside is coming within an iframe from an external html file. The rectangle appears in one second but the text is blinking (about 10 times/second).
What did I miss? (I don't know if I'm clear in my explanations :°)

Thanks,

Philippe
360Texas

can you do a screen capture... and highlight where the text is blinking. You may have discovered an undocumented feature.

10 blinks/ second x 60 seconds = 600 blinks /minute. LOLLL Nope ! No chance you will get capture with blink in the ON position.. :wink:

Otherwise found in Google search "Blinking Text": http://www.robvanderwoude.com/ansi.php

DOS =Disk Operating System where ASCII text is unformated text like created with Windows text editor Notepad.
OS/2 was Microsoft OS/2 is Operating System 2 or NT way before current Windows 10 O/S]
<Esc>[5m for character height or size will give different results in different situations:
In plain DOS and in full screen OS/2 text mode it will result in blinking text. In OS/2 and DOS windows it will result in a bright background.

Replace <Esc> with ASCII character 27
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
PLaine

Hi Texas360,

Thanks for your response.
I've done a video and joined a project zip file. It will be better than any explanation :°)
Watch the refresh icon of the navigator which is also blinking. It seems that the navigator is continuously trying to load the file.
Tested on Chrome and Safari, but the result is slightly different on Firefox: there is no blinking, but no text at all, except when mouse out of the text rectangle.

Regards

Philippe
Attachments
blinkTest.zip
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 166 times
360Texas

Ok.. it appears that your intent is:

Your object_html5.html that is used as a source to the skin (i) box should not be an object_html5.html file type containing written text. Probably should be a straight unformated textedtitor.txt file.

Assumptions:
For each panorama, creating an external source object_html5.html (actually is formated text) file with changing information box that will slide in/out. Normally you would modify the text in the SKIN.

Then in each panorama use a different skin containing and (i) button that will contain the changed text.file information

This (i) box is positioned off stage....when (i) button is clicked will slide to the right opening the text box. Click again (i) and the box will slide left off stage.

The uniqueness of arrangement is that the (i)file.txt file is the source file with out having to change internally the skin text information box. Good idea actually. But object_html5.html file does format the text.

It is not clear as for the need of a TIMER2 unless you just wanted the (i) box to open and after time passed it would automatically close by moving off stage. Nor do we understand why the need for this (i) box to be on a special layer. Seems click to open.... click to close off stage is simple.

Have you tried to place your text in the internal TEXT area ?
textbox.JPG
textbox.JPG (158.17 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
PLaine

Hi Texas 360,

Thanks for your time.
I've used the "park.pano2vr" example which showing a text popup in an iframe. The advantage is that the text is external, and thus seen by robots for indexing, which is not the case when embedded in the app.
Yes indeed, the timer is useless :°)
I've also tried with a .text file instead of .html one but it doesn't change anything, except that the text is not formated.
The difference with the example is that I don't use it with a hotspot like in the example; maybe that's the problem.
It seems that the solution is the normal way : to put the text in the normal text field, as you recommend it.

Best regards

Philippe