3D distortion makes ghost hotspots!

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
katkitty

Hello everyone, and thank you for adding me to the forum.

I am making panos of my friend's art collection,
http://www.repeatingshadow.com/Art/Sale/Panorama/Tour/

I want the hotspot tags to use 3D distortion, so they appear as little information plaques.

But when I enable 3D distortion in the Silhouette skin, the 3D effect works, they keep the same size relative to the objects when zooming in or out, but whenever the view moves, while it is moving, a ghost of the hotspots from 360 in the pano show up. They show up looking like exclamation points, for instance, because they are little letter 'i', but upside down.

I just upgraded to version 5.2.2, on Linux. The effect is still there. Help!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Is it possible you can make a video of what you are seeing.
I have tested with Windows and Mac with different browsers and don't see any odd things happening with the hotspots.

If I may add some input, for the image popup Pano2VR keeps the last image until the new one is loaded so when changing image hotspots you will see the last image for a few seconds until the new image loads.
This looks ugly and is logged as a bug.

For now what you can do to prevent this issue is add the zero.png attached, in the skin and give it the ID "zero", make sure its type is PNG and hide it.
Then the close action should also include a set value action to the external loader to load "images/zero.png". This then changes the image for the small transparent PNG file. When the next image is opened you will see the loader spinner until the image loads.
I would also look at the size of your popup images as the smaller the faster they will load.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
zero.png
zero.png (937 Bytes) Viewed 2965 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
katkitty

Sir,

Perhaps it is this Ubuntu! I just checked the site using an Amazon Kindle (android with stuff),s silk browser, and it looks ok there.

The misbehaving browser is Firefox 53.0 Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu canonical - 1.0

I could not find a video grabber, but here are sequential screen shots attached.

Thank you for the last image tip. I was wondering what to do about that, once I actually get images to add.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-10-03 17-43-08.png
Screenshot from 2017-10-03 17-43-08.png (411.55 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
Screenshot from 2017-10-03 17-42-21.png
Screenshot from 2017-10-03 17-42-21.png (331.54 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
360Texas

Martin, Observation: Attachment [] zero.png appears to be not downloadable or viewable ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dave,
Ok just make a transparent png 5 x 5px.
This is so the external loader load something transparent so no residual image is seen from the last popup image.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
katkitty

Hopki wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:02 pm For now what you can do to prevent this issue is add the zero.png attached, in the skin and give it the ID "zero", make sure its type is PNG and hide it.
Done that (well, it was a white png, but set alpha 0 in the skin editor).
Hopki wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:02 pm Then the close action should also include a set value action to the external loader to load "images/zero.png". This then changes the image for the small transparent PNG file. When the next image is opened you will see the loader spinner until the image loads.
Sorry, I am unclear about how to do this. In the skin (using silouhette), I find a 'close' button with a list of actions mostly 'mouse click',"hide element",,target. I think I should add an action "Mouse Click","Set Value","images/zero.png","loading_image". But that does not seem to be exactly what you are describing to me. Help!

TIA
katkitty

Got it.

I was using "Mouse Leave" on the popup_image to close it. So I added a "Mouse Leave","Set Value","images/zero.png","popup_image" action to the popup_image, and that seems to work!