Video Plugin not working as expected

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
JSchrader

Please advise and revise the video plugin.

I'm using the draw video fom the skin editor and despite the checkbox for autoplay is unchecked, the video starts running as soon as the window which contains the video opens.

Also: the URL for the video is coming from the Linkt Target URL in the Hotspot editor window.
Unfortunately the poster frame URL has to be set in the Skin editor, which is odd, because this will mean the same poster frame for different vieos.

What do I do to unautorun the video?
What do I do to add individual poster frames to individual videos?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jürgen,
The video tool...
If you open a skin and select the video tool and draw a video element in the skin you can then open a video file or URL as the video source.
You can then select to have a poster frame if the video will be seen but not playing, note you don't have the poster frame option if you select YouTube or Vimeo as the video source.
The Auto play works no problem and you will only need a poster frame if the video is visible but not playing.
If its hidden and only shows when you click the hotspot then you don't need the poster frame.

If your using the popup video component the hotspot has an action to play the video.
Hence why it does not play until you click the hotspot.

How are you implementing the video into your skin, it sounds like you using a popup but then setting a file.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JSchrader

Yes, with a popup and the hotspot in the panorama editor is a video file hotspot.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jürgen,
I don't understand the problem.
I'm using the draw video fom the skin editor and despite the checkbox for autoplay is unchecked, the video starts running as soon as the window which contains the video opens.
This is correct as the point hotspot has an action to play the video.
Also: the URL for the video is coming from the Linkt Target URL in the Hotspot editor window.
This is also correct with the video component. You add a hotspot, set it for video and the type, file, URL etc, then select the video to plat when open using the blue folder.

If you do not want the video to start playing when you click the point hotspot remove the play action from the hotspot template.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/