Image Hotspot Basic Questions

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
chrispaulis

I'm trying to get the hang of Pano2VR version 5.1, and I'm trying to create a basic product with image hotspots. I want the user to be able to click the icon and have a flat image pop up on screen. In the documentation I read that I should be able to set the image as a "flat" rather than rectilinear, but don't get this option when I double-click to place a new image hotspot; I only get to open the image, and then it appears to be rectilinear by default, with no drop menu in the Properties panel to make it a flat image. Further, when I create one and then output my VR pano, there is no icon for the image I placed, and no hand appears when I mouse over where it should be. I've tried changing settings in the Properties pane and in the Output pane, but nothing changes in the output. I tried changing skins, and this also did nothing.

Pulling my hair out, and I don't have much to begin with!

Any help would be appreciated!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
This sounds like you need the Skin component ht_image.
This will popup a picture which can be closed after.

Pano2VR also supports Flat images as inputs, instead of panoramas.
But I don't think this is what you want by reading your first post, but of course please put me right.

To add the component open the skin and select the component tool box, last button to the right.
Then double click on the ht_image component.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 21.19.38.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 21.19.38.png (25.41 KiB) Viewed 2695 times

Save and close the skin, switch to the hotspot viewer mode and add a point hotspot. Set the type to image. Then using the blue folder select the image that will open with the hotspot.

This video should help.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
chrispaulis

Thanks, Hopki. That was very helpful. Now, though, I'm using the same process to try to add an Info hotspot, and on publishing or viewing, it doesn't appear. I've double-checked to make sure that this component is in my skin and visible, and it is; however, nothing appears.... ›
Screenshot 2017-06-27 10.45.00.png
Screenshot 2017-06-27 10.45.00.png (66.37 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
Here is what the Output settings look like:
Screenshot 2017-06-27 10.46.59.png
Screenshot 2017-06-27 10.46.59.png (63.07 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
While we are on the subject, is there a way to have an Info box pop up when an Image hotspot is clicked, along with the image?

Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Your using a point hotspots right?
A poly hotspot can work but needs a little modifying.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/