Enhanced autorotation function

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
MPW

Hello, meanwhile I´m spending a lot of time to solve this problem.

I start my panos with rotation. When the mouse enters an information hotspot rotation stops, when leaving the hotspot it starts again (so it´s not too confusing for some people while reading an information within the pano).
Additionally I like to add a "masterswitch" in a submenu to stop autorotation completely (and activate it, if you wish).
Of course to add "stop autorotation" or toggle doesn´t help. Just after the next leaving an information hotspot the autorotation is triggered again.

First approach was to show/hide different information hotspot points by clicking the "masterswitch": one with "mouse enters: rotation stop + mouse leave: rotation starts" and another copy of it without any rotation command. But hiding a hotspot button and showing a copy of it with other actions doesn´t work. (Why?) Only the first on stays active.

There must be a clever solution working with variables. However I can´t set the rotationspeed to a variable and add an action to masterswitch to set variable to 0 or the desired rotationspeed.

Thanks for any ideas.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can use a variable, true/false to hide show hotspot templates in the skin.
However I would use one template but with two images that show/hide depending on the variable.
Each hotspot image would have the actions, not the template.
So one would have the open popup action and mouse enter and leave to stop and start the auto rotate.
The other just to open the popup.

The start/stop auto rotate button would start and stop auto rotate and change the variable value which would swop the hotspot images.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/