Buttons to change floor of map interface - help!

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
DHogg

Hi all :)

Long time since I've been in here, hope everyone is well!

I'm trying to modify an old skin to allow multiple floors of a building to be navigated in the map interface by clicking on buttons which refer to the floors.

Having learned a great deal about using variables to make things appear and disappear on mouse clicks in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10852

... I thought I had it sussed, but I'm struggling to make a simple image disappear when clicking on it at the moment!

My logic is this:

– 4 floors in total, want to start by default at the Ground floor
- Have created 4 buttons (one for each floor) and two images per button (one green button for the currently active floor, and one grey button for the non-selected floor).
- The grey button images sit above the green buttons in the skin layer tree, and I was planning to simply hide the relevant grey button on the active floors (revealing the green 'button' image below), and leave the rest visible.
- I will create a directory / folder in the skin editor for each floor, containing the image of the floor, and all the nodes that are clickable on that floor. So far I've just done the ground and first floor.
- By default when opening the map for the first time I want the ground floor map to be displayed, the green G button to be displayed, and the remaining floor buttons to be grey.
- When clicking on the floor 1 button for example, I want the grey floor 1 button to disappear (exposing the green one underneath it), the floor 1 directory / folder to be made visible, and all the other floors to be made invisible.

The logic of getting this to work seems relatively straight forward (everything being controlled by clicking on one of the grey button images), but I'm struggling to even get the grey '1' button image to disappear when clicked at the moment!

If someone could have a look at the attached skin and let me know what I'm doing wrong (or what I should be doing) it would be much appreciated. I'm certain it's a simple error, perhaps to do with the default alpha values, or by using the wrong set logic ...

Many thanks in advance for your help :)

All the best,

David
Attachments
evelina.ggsk
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 280 times
DHogg

Hi all,

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? It's now holding up the delivery of this tour to my client :(

David
DHogg

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestions I could try with this, I'm somewhat at my wits end! :(

Many thanks,

David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Have you seen this post: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8089
It should do as you require.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DHogg

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for your reply. I did have a close look at that post but as the interface I have designed is quite different to that in your post, I'm struggling to implement the actions on the floor-change buttons.

If you could take a look at the skin it would be much appreciated – I'm fairly certain I've made a simple mistake somewhere that's preventing it from working ...

David
DHogg

Hi all :)

Any thoughts on this issue would be much appreciated.

David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
I have added 5 test image which are very small in file size.
Make a project using them sand use say 3 for the ground floor and 2 for the first floor.
The idea is you make a working project and then post that.
The skin can be debugged but its far better to make a working project which can then be modified to work.
Also strip out of the skin what is not needed for the floor plan, this also makes it easier to work with.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
test_images.zip
(52.98 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
ThanhDo

Hi!
Help me
Hopki
Gnome

Hi minhthanh,
With what ?
You need to provide a bit more information than just help me.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com