multifloor tour and multilanguage pano

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
zladic

Dear all,

First of all - hello to all of you :D
This is my first project with pano2vr pro. The tool is simply great and I even believe that I passed the responsive issue ;) Anyway, what bothers me at the moment is the multi-floor tour. Two objects there - one has 14 floors and the other 6. I have prepared the buttons which should show the correct pano and hide the buttons to the other one ('piec' & 'nagrzewnice' floors) but I'm afraid that I'm doing something wrong... When I click in the "nagrzewnice' button the floors from there are shown but if I click at the floor number those two floor menus (piec and nagrzewnice) are shown. Would you mind to take a look at the example - http://wielkipiec.netoper.pl/htmlPano/pano.htm ?
I've tried to analyse the multifloor issues on the forum and also bought the responsive multi-floor skin but... the problem still exists.

The other issue is the multilanguage version of the site (pano will be embedded). Is that possible to use the one pano.htm with 2-3 'language' XML's ? For all info sections I will need the audio files in selected language. What should be the correct approach ?

thank you very much for your help

best!
zladic
Hopki
Gnome

HI zladic,
Rather than answer in the support e-mail I will answer here as you have already started the thread and others may be looking.
Fir of all to check my understanding of how this should work is when you select nagrzewnice you will see 1, 5 and 6.
When you click these you still only see 1, 5 and 6 until you click piec.
I would assume you would have these in two separate containers and the title buttons just swop them.
That said there must be something else going on as when you click one of the numbered rectangles all the rectangles come back.
The best way to help will be to ask if you can post your skin, you can post it here or PM if you do not want to post in open forum.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
zladic

Hi Hopki,

Thank you for your answer. Please find the skin attached. Answering your questions:

Yes, when I click 'nagrzewnice' 1,2,5,6 should appear (as a loaded element it's hidden and only 'piec floors are visible)
If i click any floor from selected 'nagrzewnice' it doubles and shows the 'nagrzewnice' and 'piec' floors (which I really tried to avoid).
The floors buttons for the two objects are in separate containers but probably I missed something. Please find the skin attached.

p.s. Your Honour, in my defense I can only add that this is my first pano created in pano2vr and... first pano at all ;) I love the tool but, as in real life, time is needed for better knowledge.

Thank you very much for your great cooperation!
Attachments
S_v5_mod_info.ggsk
(43.36 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Hopki
Gnome

HI zladic,
Im seeing a lot of actions that don't need to be in here.
As an example you have the container nag_floors set to visible, then you have given it actions:
viewer init, hide self
loaded, hide self

Why not just deselect visible and then you don't need these two actions.

Also the element piec_floors, this has visible selected, but then actions:
viewer init, hide self
loaded, show self

As its set to visible you don't need the two actions above.
These is also a mouse click, hide element nag_floors action and a mouse click, show self action as well. Again nighter are required.
Same for the nag_floors container, remove all actions.

So that the containers sorted lets move onto the floor buttons.
Starting with text box PIEC, I see this has a mouse enter and leave action to change scale, ok and then a mouse click to show and hide the menus, also ok.
The init and loaded actions can go as they are not needed as the text box is already set for visible so no need to hide it then make it visible again.
Same for the NAG text box.

Now lets look at the actual buttons/text boxes.
1_nag looks ok with mouse enter and leave changing scale as well as a mouse click to open the node.

2_nag, hummmmm, this does not show in the output because there is a viewer init, hide self action in it?
Also a mouse click, hide self action too? I guess these can get deleted as I don't see any reason for them.
With all the other _nag text boxes you have a viewer init, change element position self action for an element called floor_here.

Two problems with this, one there is no element called floor_here in the skin and if there was it can't be in all the different positions at the same time.
I can see what your trying to do, so you have it highlighted when clicked.

Iv added a skin with some of the modifications but going through what iv said should see you right.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
S_v5_mod_info_hopki.ggsk
(2 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
zladic

Hi Hopki,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. It helped me a lot to understand (basic) issues. As you mentioned I've made a huge action-mess playing with the loading elements to avoid showing it on start when using loader :? As they said it is an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cur but I overweighted with prevention ;)

I came along your advice and updated skin. Thanks for the cleaning Hopki :) Everything works like a charm, great work!

I've added the selector (which I removed earlier ;)) for floor and objects and it seems to work as well. The only issue is to place it position "0" for 'piec' and "1" for 'nagrzewnice' when I click appropriate button (piec button opens the first pano in level 0 of 'piec' container / nagrzewnice button the first pano in level 1 of 'nagrzewnice' container.

http://wielkipiec.netoper.pl/htmlPano/pano.htm

p.s. I see that the loader doesn't work and part of the level buttons are visible during loading the pano. Any way to avoid it ?

Thanks

best!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi zladic,
I would have each set of menus, piec and nagrzewnice to have their own highlight rectangle and not try and use just the one.
Then as you switch it will be in the correct place.
Re loader, this may be because your skin is very light and you don't see it.
To check if its working or not just open the silhouette skin and copy the loader from there in your skin.
Don't forget the loader does not work with pano images when using multi resolution.
There are other actions for this, Loaded Levels and Reload Levels. But this can open show and hide a graphic normally a spinner or text saying Loading...
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
zladic

Hi Hopki,

Thank you for your suggestions. Already implemented :) Two 'floor__here' selectors and the 'main menu' buttons leed to 1st pano in separate sections (level 0 and 1). It obnly freeze in floor 2 but it works finally :) Thank you!

Now for the next step - language and narration. 3 languages (for each 4 info box and 4 narrations).
I understand that I should stick to the images rather than text boxes as described here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9693 or viewtopic.php?t=9288
I'll give it a try today evening.

Thank you for the great support and sharing

best!
PIbrahimi

Hi zladic,

I would appreciate to learn a bit how you implemented the multi-language in your tour...?
Yes, you made a clear reference to the post which explains the procedure but I'm afraid I wasn't bright/experienced enough to understand it all :)

Many thanks!
P.