Unique image per hotspot

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
sparrow

Hi

I have a 5 node tour and each node is connected via a hotspot.

My hotspot is a custom arrow graphic with a mouse-over.

Client has come back and asked if each hotspot can be a unique graphic (PNG) saying

Visit The Bar
Visit The Lobby
Visit The Gym

etc...

I can easily do this by creating a PNG for each piece of text, dropping it in the appropriate place and manually linking it to a node. I think this is called Image Mode to pin images to the panorama

Unfortunatley, with this method I don't seem to have any mouse over options as I'm primarily working with these directly on the panorama window. IE not in the skin editor where I would normally have some hotspot options.

Any advice on achieving this?
Many thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi sparrow,
You would use Skin-ID in the hotspot viewer mode and the relevant hotspot templates in the skin.

Example:
In the skin add a hotspot template and then add its unique image, say the logo to the gym.
Change the name of the template to say ht_gym.

In the hotspot viewer mode when you add the hotspot, under Skin-ID enter ht_gym.
1.jpg
1.jpg (35.84 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
What will happen is for that one hotspot it will use that hotspot template.

So now you can add more hotspot templates in the skin and give them the ID's
ht_bar
ht_lobby
Note you will need a template for each hotspot, so for nodes you will need a hotspot template in the skin with the ID ht_node.
So any node that will not have the custom images will use ht_node.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sparrow

Hopki wrote:Hi sparrow,
You would use Skin-ID in the hotspot viewer mode and the relevant hotspot templates in the skin.
Hopki
Thanks Hopki
I thought something along those lines may be the answer. Should work fine for a relatively small tour.