HTML5 not properly pointing panos

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
LArchProf

I can't find an answer to this in the forums or documentation. If someone knows where it is, please point me to it.

I have my skin built and am using a custom map image. I have pointed the links between panoramas using the tour node settings under properties. When I output the tour as Flash, the panoramas are pointing in the correct direction as I move between nodes. However, when I export in HTML5, the panoramas load based on the default view of the panorama, instead of the set target information in the properties settings. I assume that the difference between the two formats means that something needs to be tweaked in the skin and/or tour settings to support pano pointing in HTML5. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I have tried to make this work successfully for the last three days.

I have attached a two-node tour and the skin that I am using to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Attachments
HTML5Test.zip
(8.56 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi LArchProf,
The problem is the map hotspots.
When making maps in the skin editor you should be using the markertemplate.
If you have a look at the Simplex skin you will see a counting with the ID hide_template.
Copy this and add to your own skin.

Bit of background to make things a bit clearer what a markertemplate is.

In the skin editor we have a tool called a node marker.
If this is named to markertemplate then it has the property that you can drag images from the tour browser into the skin which will then add map pins that can then be positioned in a map.

The graphics used for marker normal and active in the market template can be changed for your own.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
LArchProf

Thank you Hopki. It took me a sec to figure it out, but I got it now. I now vaguely remember going through this a couple years ago, but hadn't made a new tour since then and was very rusty!