Loading component

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
sparrow

Hi Hopki

I'm using the Loading component and wondered if you can clarify a few things for me

1. Is there any type of que-ing built into this component. IE Does it ensure that all content on layers below it are loaded (bar at 100% width) before it unloads itself?

2. If there is any logic behind this, is it viewable in the UI?

3. Is there a way to throttle / cap to load speed for testing purposes? IE when I test my tour locally or even remotely the loading bar loads so quickly that I have trouble testing actual style changes. On another (unrelated) piece of software I use, I can specify that the loader takes at least 3 seconds etc

Thanks
360Texas

DAVES AXIOM (true-ism) the internet operates at the SPEED OF LIGHT.... only to be slowed down by slow servers, routers and copper wire.

MANY MANY YEARS AGO the loading bar had a real function. We mean - "dial up" - slow routers internet connection speed.
It was to entertain the visitor while the project was down loading in the background.
The loading bar provided feedback that the panoramas were STILL downloading from the server to the visitors computer.
The server was still delivering the panorama AND would get there soon as the slow bar crawled to its far right end position.

We used to use a stop watch or timers to measure download times for forum members websites. IF the site took more than 15 seconds to download we would recommend the panorama file be down sized. Concept was If it took more than 15 - 20 seconds for complete download... the visitor would leave and move on to another site that was faster. Hence, a lost customer.

I suspect it still has a real need for folks out in the remote world areas that have slow servers, slow routers and copper wire connection.

Internet provider connection speeds using wireless or fiber optic cable have improved dramatically over the last 15 years.

Using Pano2VR testing local web server on your FAST computer you will probably never see the loading bar in action.

Is there a way to slow down the loading bar so you can see it move ? Not sure, but I do not think so.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
If you open up the built in web server then you can apply a speed.
1.jpg
1.jpg (34.7 KiB) Viewed 2352 times
Type in the required speed in KB and then restart the server.
To return back to NONE, set a speed of 1 KB and click the down arrow, then again restart the server.

Note the loader is correct for downloading all skin elements and preloaded elements.
It does not take into account of tiles as these are loaded on the fly.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sparrow

That's perfect - thanks Hopki. I've set it to 56kb and can clearly see the loading progress.