Auto close "dropdown"

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
vincent

Hello!

I'm going to try and describe my problem as thoroughly as possible.

Basically, I'm trying to make an interactive flat image, and I'm using hotspots, that if pressed, reveals a sort of dropdown with info about that area. However, in my current setup, I can open up all dropdows simultaneously. I'm looking for a neat way for the skin to "sense" if another dropdown is open, and close it, before opening a new one. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Try this, use two actions in the point hotspot.
Mouse down close pop up.
Mouse up open pop up.

If that does not work then variables and logic blocks will.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
vincent

Hello, I get the idea behind the first suggestion, but unfortunantely it doesn't work as intended.

I have problems that my mind atleast can't solve with the logic blocks either, and I'd love the solution to be created in the skin editor and not by tinkering with the JavaScript manually after generating the HTML output.

I'll try and describe the situation more thouroughly and hopefully you can help me! :)

I have multiple hotspots in one image, all of wich have a dropdown menu with automated content taken from the hotspot using the $h*. What I need is basically an action that fires and closes all dropdowns in the image, before i open the one I selected. And it also need to NOT fire this event, if i press the hotspot that is allready opened, as this would cause it to close and then reopen. (In this case, I'd like to fire an action that just reverts the "open action" for that specific hotspot.

Do I make any sense?
If not, but you still want to help, please send me an email. vincent@studio3d.se

(Sorry for any typos and misspelling)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You could use a screen tint, place a rectangle between the popup and the hotspot image.
The idea is you use the rectangle to stop any interaction with the pano until the popup is closed.

If you are using actions with hotspot templates you will need to precede the action with a #, example with my first idea you would need.

Mouse down, visible, hide, #popup.
Mouse up, visible, show, popup.

The # is needed to address all hotspots.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
vincent

Ahh, I was not aware of how you called all hotspots, now it works like a charm! Thanks!