Button URL

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
paulk

Hi all
I’m trying to adapt the narration example (https://ggnome.com/wiki/Pop-up_with_Narration ) by adding a button in the popup that opens another website.
What I’d like to do is somehow add the 'go to url' in the various containers used to populate the data in the popup template and apply that url to the button in the popup template. I’m drawing a blank on how to do this – any pointers?

Many thanks…
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Paul,
For version 5 this is way out of date as there are much better ways to do this now.
Example you can add a variable to the skin then depending on the variable set the title and body text and which image should be show and which play button should show. You can then have several URL buttons that show and hide with the variable.
This works really well as you set all the titles and body text fro all the popups in the popup element.
Same for which picture should show in the external loader.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
paulk

Hi Hopki
Thank you for your reply. What I'm trying to achieve is this:
Have a pop up with a button that can be pressed that will open up a specific website. I want to be able to set the button's URL via a variable.
I know how to assign the variable in V5 but how do I take that variable and assign it to a button's go to URL parameter field?

So this is the sequence: User presses a hotspot this action sets a variable (http://www.yoururl.com) and opens up a pop up image with a button, this variable gets assigned to the popup button's click event 'go to URL', when the user clicks that button it opens a new window with the assigned website URL.
This action is repeated on various hotspots but all with different URL's

I hope that makes sense!

Many thanks

Paul
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Paul,
Please find attached the project updated to work with version 5 and variables.
popup_with_narration.zip
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 208 times
To get the project working open the p2vr file and create output.
Then you need to copy the two popup images to the images folder in the output folder.

You have two point hotspots and two poly hotspots, these are found on the statues plinth, one on the words and the other at the base.

How it works:
The Skin has a variable: Name: popup, Type: Number, Init Value: 0.
7.jpg
7.jpg (20.99 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
The screen tint: This has a logic block set under visible.
8.jpg
8.jpg (24.37 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
An active logic block is seen as orange/red colour in the elements properties.
Here you can see an active logic block under visible. To open the logic block just click the orange icon.

1.jpg
1.jpg (25.17 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
Here you can see that the screen tint will show if the variable is 1 OR 2, otherwise it is not visible.

This is exactly the same for the pic_frame element.

The popup_title and popup_text elements both work in the same way as each other.
There is a logic block next to Text.
2.jpg
2.jpg (54.06 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
When the variable is either 1 or 2 the text will be set to the text box, of course the text is different for each expression.

The external loader, popup_pic has a logic block under the External URL.
3.jpg
3.jpg (48.6 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
Here you can see when the variable is 1 or 2 it will load one of the two images.
The file path is images/xxx.jpg thats why you need to copy the popup images to the images folder in the output. But of course you can change the path, even a URL pointing to an image on a server.

Web links and sound buttons, there is one for each sound and web link, again depending on which number the variable is at will determine which buttons shows.
4.jpg
4.jpg (27.34 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
The above is from the play_1 button. The play_2 button would have value 2.

So depending on the variable number will depend on which image, sound play button and web link button will show.

This is controlled but the hotspots, stating with the point hotspot.
In the skin you will see the hotspot template ht_popup.
This has the action to set the variable number that is stored in the point hotspots description text field.
5.jpg
5.jpg (27.89 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
Note: To enter $hd you need to select expert mode.

Going back to Pano2VR's viewer and in point hotspot viewer mode you can see that the variable number is entered in the hotspot description text field.
6.jpg
6.jpg (17.55 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
So the second point hotspot would have 2 in the description text field.
The same for Poly Hotspots, each would have a number in the description text field.

However for Polys to work you need to add node markers to the skin, one for each poly hotspot, marker_poly01 and marker_poly02
Each node marker has a Hotspot Proxy ID that links to the relevant poly hotspot and has the action to set the variable value.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
paulk

Thanks Hopki

That's a great update to a useful tutorial - lots in there that can be used.
One question though - I assume that programmatically assigning a variable to a button's click/goto url parameter is not availiable yet?

Many thanks

Paul
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Paul,
At the moment variables can not work with actions.
They only effect an element hence why there is two buttons, one for each URL, and sound.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
paulk

Thanks Hopki

Looking over loads of posts in the forum I kind of gathered that - is this a feature that will (hopefully) will be coming?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This has been banded around the office but can't see it in the bug tracker.
So it will be very soon :wink:
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
MPW

Hi,
is it true, that a $hs textbox set within the external loader picture has no reference to the hotspot $hs?
Or is it me, why the textbox doesn´t appear?

I´m using a external loader for the picture and want to display the relevant hotspot title with it
(the same hotspot title that pops up when hovering over the hotspot).

I´m using the simple image popup simplex from the compounants V5 and still try to avoid the logic block theme.

Thankyou for any help.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The placeholder will only show the hotspot title when the mouse is hovering over the hotspot.
What you need to do is "set" the title text to the text box.
To do this add the action: Mouse Click, Set Value: $hs, Target: Text box.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com