Default Convert input format

Q&A about the latest versions
Lvilleneuve

When the work on patches generated with Pano2VR is done, I generate a equirectangular file with Convert Input. The actual default value for the type is Vertical Strip. Can I change the default value to Equirectangular as it is the one I use 100% of the time?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The best format for an input image is cubic as this gets processed much faster. Remember all gets converted into cubes or tiles for displaying the panorama. So remapping an Equirec takes far longer than a cubic image format.
The best is cube faces but this has the disadvantage of separate images. The next best thing is a strip, and if strip make it a vertical one as the preview is saved as a horizontal strip. This means you can easily see what are input images and what are preview images in a folder.
Just make sure from your stitching software you save as a tif, then when you convert in Pano2VR you also save as a tif.
This will keep the quality up when saving.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Lvilleneuve

The reason why need an equip file is that I do a lot of post processing on the image. I want to reduce the number of edges to look at (seams visible). So... Is the a way to change the default value for the convert input (Pref file)?
hum@no.id

I always use only 6x cubical sequence with classical lettered naming scheme - _b... _u
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Lvilleneuve

hum@no.id wrote:I always use only 6x cubical sequence with classical lettered naming scheme - _b... _u
Thank you for your reply but it does not answer my question. How can I change the default value? Is's not a poll on which one you use.
360Texas

I think this might work.

Try to create a workable project with your generic skin and all your project selected values and settings. Save as a generic project filename... like myverygenericproject.p2vr.

Next time you need to build a project... open Pano2vr then click on FILE | Recent files | browse to myverygenericproject.p2vr. Most all your previous selection settings are already selected, with exception of converting an equi-rectangle to say cube faces flavors.

Then FILE | Save as.... and create a duplicate project with a unique file name.

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Should of said at the start of my post, no you can not change this setting.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Thanks Martin,

That is true for file type conversions to cube etc.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com