Creating hotspots on an overview map

Q&A about the latest versions
DHogg

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been discussed before – I tried searching but found many different threads all asking slightly different questions.

I have started to create a map (which is a screenshot from Google Earth) for my virtual tour which you can see here:

http://www.horizonimaging.co.uk/misc/panorama_test/

At the moment I've manually added two baby hotspots onto the map, have individually linked them to the Driveway and Terrace panoramas and added manually-typed text boxes to be shown when you hover over the respective baby hotspots.

This works but it seems clunky and slow ... is this the best workflow for creating one of these overview maps? I couldn't find any specific tutorials that documents how to create an overview map with hotspots – at least not one which doesn't use a live Google Maps interface.

I was wondering if there was a way to pull all the linking and hovering actions from the 'actual' hotspot in the panorama – eg. the Terrace hotspot will automatically say 'Terrace' when you hover over it, and it will take you to the Terrace when you click on it – I want to duplicate that functionality with a baby hotspot on my map without having to enter all the information again manually.

Many thanks for your help, and I hope my post wasn't too waffly!

David :)

PS. I've attached a screenshot of my skin editor so you can see how I've constructed things so far ... please shout if I've made any silly mistakes!
Attachments
Skin Editor screenshot 30th Oct 2014
Skin Editor screenshot 30th Oct 2014
skin_editor_30-10-14.jpg (209.33 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
DHogg

Can I also add the extra question here of:

How do I make the 'baby hotspot' of the current node glow a different colour to tell you it's active?

Many thanks for your help,

David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
If you look in the Simplex skin you will see a node marker that has been renamed to markertemplate.
When it is renamed to markertemplate the node maker has the ability to use drag and drop from the tour browser, Pro only.
All you need then is set up a set element position self action.
Have a look at this forum post: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8089

This covers both pro and non pro builds.
You will see a radar element in the floor plan, also in the map hotspots there is the action on activate set position self for the radar pulling the radar over the map hotspot.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DHogg

Hi Hopki,

Many thanks for your help! In the end I found this video on Node Markers which made everything crystal clear:

http://ggnome.com/wiki/Using_Node_Markers_(Pano2VR)

Thanks again,

David :)