Firefox and IE and Chrome = different results

Q&A about the latest versions
DDiCarlo

My first tour with version 4.5.1. I'm back baby!

I have an issue though where my HTML tours are working fine in IE, but don't work in Firefox.

If you click on the blue picture icons, they show up as broken links in firefox, but the pictures show up fine in IE and Chrome.

Also, in Firefox, if I am in fullscreen mode, it keeps minimizing and exiting fullscreen mode. But it works fine in IE.

Lastly, In firefox, sometimes the hotspots are in odd places and then come back to their rightful places when you move the cursor around. Are there known issues with Firefox?

Here is the link. http://remeorealty.com/featured/7046-li ... each-92648

Thanks!
Dean
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dean,
Firebug is reporting 404 file not found.
Check that whats on the server is exactly whats in the hotspot, capitalisation is a factor, some browsers don't mind, others do.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

I learned along time ago that Windows based computers and possibly others too do not care about upper/ lower case characters. Recently I rebuilt our website and I inadvertent used an UPPER case character in a file name in our we page source code. All my file names were in lower case characters. I uploaded to our files to Apache Server. Duhhhh ! The menu system failed. Returned to website on our local machine and found the mismatched file names... changed the paths and files to read all lower case file names. Note to self: add issue to Lesson RE -Learned.

http://www.ascii-code.com/
However, not so with servers. Servers read the ASCII characters in lowest level code for faster processing machine in Binary or 1's and 0's. Binary is base 10 or counting 10 characters 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

Example see readable values in far right column

Character symbol for UPPER CASE "A" in Binary is 01 00 00 00 1 and
character symbol for lower case "a" in binary is 01 10 00 00 1

Machine code is read by the server and then displays the appropriate symbol character 'A' or 'a' to the screen.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JimWatters

Your method of implementing full screen is not standard by putting the control on the main HTML page and not the iFrame or in the skin itself.
I would move the button to the skin.

I was able to reproduce the issue with the hotspots initially not always being displayed at their correct location. See Issue #1185
Any small pan or zoom will correctly relocate the hotspots after resizing the window.
DDiCarlo

Thanks guys, I have run into the uppercase/lowercase issue in the past, which is why all of my files are all lowercase. Just checked again to make sure. What is weird is that the panos on my local machine work fine in firefox. When uploading my files to the server exactly as they are on my local system, it works on IE and chrome, but I get the error on firefox.
pano2vr settings2.JPG
pano2vr settings2.JPG (19.71 KiB) Viewed 6739 times
pano2vr3.JPG
pano2vr3.JPG (41.97 KiB) Viewed 6739 times
Is there a need to put $d/skinimages/bedroom2.jpg? On my local machine, I have skinimages folder in the root, but when I upload it to my server, it doesn't work unless i put the skinimages folder inside the images folder. It seems like the location of files is touchy for some reason.

Thanks for producing the ticket, Jim Watters, the reason I do not use fullscreen inside of Pano2vr is described here. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9052 IE did not support the internal fullscreen command. Can someone please tell me if this has been fixed and now works? I would love to put the command in the skin, but it was compatible with all browsers last time I made a tour and that made it impossible for IE users to view the tour as intended - in fullscreen. When i placed a control in the skin, the button would appear to IE users, but wouldn't work, which made it appear broken to IE users.

I still don't know why some hotspots causes the tour to exit fullscreen on some browsers -- it makes for an awful experience for users.

As always, Thanks guys!
Dean
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dean,
I was looking at IE11 yesterday. I can tell you that the fullscreen button works ok but not the double click toggle fullscreen found in the advanced settings. See Issue #1184
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
DDiCarlo

Thanks Martin,

There are still two open issues.

1. pictures do not appear in firefox. They work fine locally, but on a server, pictures work in IE and in Chrome, but not Firefox. I assure you that it is not a case sensitivity issue.

2. Clicking on some hotspots causes the tour to lose fullscreen. I will try to add a button in the skin to see if this improves the situation, but none of the tours I created with version 4.1 have this issue. The only tour I created with 4.5 has the issue, but again, this behavior is not observed in internet explorer, only firefox and chrome.

I would be happy to send you my tour files if that would aid your ability to troubleshoot. I have looked at everything on my end and have not been able to see any difference in the settings for my old tours and the new one done in 4.5.

Thanks,
Dean
Vitaly

Before filename bedroom.jpg there is wrong slash symbol "\". Such slash is used on local computer naming, but not for the web.
Wrong path:
remeorealty.com/sites/default/files/virtualtours/211/skinimages\bedroom2.jpg
Must be:
remeorealty.com/sites/default/files/virtualtours/211/skinimages/bedroom2.jpg
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dean,
As Vitaly points out still some file naming issues me thinks.
If you want to send over your files I will be happy to have a look.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
DDiCarlo

Vitaly -- awesome! You fixed my picture problem. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! It is still strange that IE obviously observes both "/" and "\" as being the same, but firefox and others don't.

Hopki, I still have the issue on firefox and chrome (when in full screen mode), I click on certain hotspots and the tour somehow gets knocked out of fullscreen mode. Any idea on this one?

It stays fullscreen in IE throughout all of the nodes, but in Firefox and in chrome, when I navigate around the 4 nodes, several of them always knock it out of fullscreen mode. It is consistent which ones cause this action, but they certainly seem to be the same in how the hotspot is built. (Same hotspot object). This has never been an issue in any of my other tours which were made in V4.1.

How you can reproduce:
1. Open http://remeorealty.com/featured/7046-li ... each-92648 In Firefox
2. Click "Fullscreen"
3. Click on the "in" hotspot you see.

So here is my hotspot defined in the skin editor:
hotspot 1.JPG
hotspot 1.JPG (22.43 KiB) Viewed 6676 times
And here is the hotspot link viewer on the initial node of the tour.

Hopki, if you need the file, let me know where you'd like me to send them. Thanks again All!

Dean
Attachments
hotspot2.JPG
hotspot2.JPG (50.54 KiB) Viewed 6676 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
What actions do you have in the Hotspot Template (ID: hotspot) and the Hotspot Image (ID: hsimage).
If you have a hotspot pointing to a blank URL then it collapses the fullscreen. So it is possible to have actions in both elements, template and image with one causing the problem.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
DDiCarlo

Hi Martin,

The hotspots URLs are only pointing to valid panoramas. Here are the screenshots of both the hotspot and the image. Do you see anything out of the ordinary here? The hotspots go to the correct Url (Pano). It works fine on IE, but not on firefox or chrome. Thanks for taking the time to help me figure this out. Dean
HS1.JPG
HS1.JPG (92.99 KiB) Viewed 6660 times
hs2.JPG
hs2.JPG (105.08 KiB) Viewed 6660 times
360Texas

Do you have anything that looks like this ?
Attachments
Hotspots Section
Hotspots Section
d.png (33.62 KiB) Viewed 6654 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
DDiCarlo

Yes, I posted the hotspots of the starting Pano above and here is the list of hotspots for the bedroom pano.

Thanks for checking this out for me, Dave!

Dean
Dave 360.JPG
Dave 360.JPG (57.33 KiB) Viewed 6653 times
DDiCarlo

Bump. Any thoughts on the minimizing issue, Martin or Dave?

Thanks!
Dean