How to make tour with mixed output formats? (Pano2vr Pro)

Q&A about the latest versions
drbob

Hi
I'm making a tour with about 15 full screen nodes and 40 popup nodes. I would like to multi-resolution for the full screen nodes and a much lower resolution for the popups. I cant find any way in tour builder to specify different output settings for some of the nodes. I rather imagined I would be able to use tags on the panoramas and set a filter on the Output settings page. What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi drbob,
The Tour Builder only allows the resolution to be set once for the complete tour.
You would need to create a separate p2vr file for each node then you can set the output resolution for each.
This will be a feature of version 5.x next year.

For now the 40 nodes would need to be made individually. The fastest way to do this is make an empty project then batch build them which will be quick, however linking the hotspots will not.
Then you can produce the individual multi resolution projects and link to them.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
drbob

That's what I feared. I have just upgraded to Pro to make tours easier and now it looks like I lose all the advantage of the upgrade (and I assume will have to pay for the upgrade to 5.0 when the fix appears. Will need to test the demo more carefully next time :(
RobM

Doesn't the device selection PHP code work to do this?
You have 2 skins then, one for large screens, one for small. The smaller has the smaller pop-up design.