Usability issues - some thoughts

Q&A about the latest versions
Chu

Hey GGnomes,
Whilst I'm sat here making a 'tour', I promised myself some time ago this afternoon that I would drag myself away from the pixel pushing to offer two suggestions for the Skin Editor:
  • Zoom - currently there is a shortcut key and a drop down to select 100%, 200% and 400%. Could we ensure that if a (group of) element(s) are selected that the zoom to position is centered on this selection? When I'm working hard to make sure that elements are pixel perfect, the zoom offers little help when I zoom in or out, as I lose sight of my element and I have to scroll to find it - one of my workflow killers
  • In the Properties View > Actions/Modifier section, could we have a tooltip when hovering over the column entry, or better yet - for all properties' columns? Opening the Action simply to read the contents of a long URL, for example, just twists my melons.
  • Selected element boundary inside the Editor - a single click draws a two-stage red boundary, with thicker corners. Can we have a simple double boundary without emphasised corners which sits outside the element so we can see both the element and its perimeter clearly? Secondary clicks still result in a single pixel boundary to suggest which is the first selection.
Thanks for taking time to read this. I'll jump off now as I have square eyes...

All the very best
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
Chu

There was something else:
  • Action Settings pop up data entry - is there any way to manually increase the size of this box and enlarge the text entry box accordingly? When there are long pieces of text in there, one has to scroll along a very small space which normally is large enough (on my setup) to read only 15 or so characters.
The very small aperture for data entry into the text property
The very small aperture for data entry into the text property
screenshot_00333.jpg (14.01 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
Cheers again
Using:
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
Hopki
Gnome

HI Chu,
Please see

Issue #1175

Issue #1176

Issue #1009

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Chu

Happy to contribute to the fine workings of this great title
Hopki wrote:Issue #1009
This one skipped my research

Thanks a lot Hopki for sharing your findings
Using:
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3