Hotspot problem on smartphones/touch-screens

Q&A about the latest versions
DanielSan5

Hello,

i have created a panorama with some hotspots. Every hotspot shows a picture when you click on. It works perfectly on a computer but when i test the pano on my smartphone (Iphone4) the hotspots arn't react on each touch. Sometimes it works good and sometimes nothing happen when i touch a hotspot. I have used a hotspot templete which you can find in a skin created by the pano2VR developers.
I have tried differend actions in the skin for the hotspots but there is no difference between "mouse click" or "mouse over" or something else. Also a larger scaling of the hotspot pictures had no positiv effect.

I hope someone has an idea what could be wrong with my pano.
JimWatters

Are you using 3D hotspots? Try disabling, see Issue #1161
DanielSan5

No, i don't use them. I only use the hotspot template from the simplex.ggsk skin. For comprehension in my skin there are severel containers. Each container has two hotspots one for swf (i have switched off the html5 option) and another one for html5 (the option swf is disabled). The swf-hotspot includes a text box and the hsimage. The hs for html5 includes only the hsimage. The pictures which appear in the pano per mouse click for html5 and swf are seperately in the skin. My idea was when you watch the pano on a smartphone then there is the html5 hotspot and when you touch it then you can see a smaller scalling picture in a smartphone-friendly resolution. I decide for a resolution of 320x480 for html5. In the flash-version there are the same pictures but in a larger scaling. So the pano that is released is a html5-pano with a flash-fallback. Actually both the swf and the html5 version are working very good. But when i watch the pano on my a smartphone (i checked severel smartphones) then the touch function of the hotspots is not working correctly and i have no idea what could be wrong. I tought there is maybe a problem with the IDs of the hotspots and their hsimage because the IDs of the swf and html5 hs/hsimages were the same in the container. So i changed that and i set every hotspots twice in the main program also with different IDs. But there was no change.
Is there maybe a problem with the hotspot images from the simplex skin?